Installing Ford Racing "P" Springs on '12 GT

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
Quick question on install of these springs. Are they a direct bolt on for a 2012 or do you need additional parts to make it work? Talking strictly about physically bolting the springs in place, not panhard bars and camber/caster plates etc. American Muscle website says that you have to have M-18183-C upper strut mounts and M-18000-A dampers in order to install on a '11+. Is this necessary? Late Model Restoration website does not list this information. Not well schooled on suspension stuff.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
yes they are a direct bolt in deal, you dont have to change dampers with the springs but its a good idea to, you can also reuse your strut mounts if youre careful when you disassemble the front strut assembly, they have a tendency to split and spill the bearings out all over

Bender

Reaction score
I just installed a prokit on my 2012 and the upper mounts came apart when I disassembled the strut. Spend the 95 bucks for the GT500 mounts and be done with it.

devildog1679

forum member
Reaction score
Stock dampers are marginal at best with stock springs. Hate to feel with P springs. Just do a full swap, if cost is an issue just wait.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
GT500 strut mounts will not fit our struts on the 11+, they will work on the FRPP dampers however, in fact they are necessary if you change to the FRPP dampers. Just springs require no other new parts. As previously stated, just be careful not to ruin the strut mounts and you can reuse them. That's what I did, I have SVE springs from LRS (they are the FRPP P-Springs) and they are close to stock ride quality

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
GT500 strut mounts will not fit our struts on the 11+, they will work on the FRPP dampers however, in fact they are necessary if you change to the FRPP dampers. Just springs require no other new parts. As previously stated, just be careful not to ruin the strut mounts and you can reuse them. That's what I did, I have SVE springs from LRS (they are the FRPP P-Springs) and they are close to stock ride quality

The SVE springs are exactly the same as the P Springs?

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
I just installed a prokit on my 2012 and the upper mounts came apart when I disassembled the strut. Spend the 95 bucks for the GT500 mounts and be done with it.

Its not that simple. 2011 struts don't work with gt500 strut mounts.

Bender

Reaction score
Its not that simple. 2011 struts don't work with gt500 strut mounts.

True I saw that he listed the mount and dampener part number and asked if it was necessary. I gotta read better. I installed d specs with a prokit and the gt500 mounts.

G Wrecks

5 Liter Camaro Eater
Reaction score
I just installed these in my 2011 Brembo GT. Since it's got the track pack already on it, I have stiffer shocks and struts. The "P" springs seem to pair nicely with the shocks and struts actually.

To answer your question, it's not necessary to get new shocks, struts, and mounts.

PvilleStang

Your tax dollars at work!
Reaction score
I did the K springs (close to same, just different drop height), and all I replaced was the springs and the bump jounce kit. Rides phenomenally!

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got my alignment done and they are saying I need a camber bolt kit to put it back to spec.

I didn't think you needed a camber kit for the P springs?

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
No, no need to, the $40000 alignment machine told me that my car was within specs aside from the slight toe adjustment I needed to make... I worked at an autoshop when I had them installed so I did all the work myself with the help of an ASE certified tech

Back