Intake Resonator

TXRickC

Reaction score
So I've questioned why my GT500's supercharger seems quieter then my previous Lightning's Eaton. I could hear it slightly under load but not what we were familiar with.
I lurked around reading and searching and found that Ford had to put a Resonator to keep the noise down. FRPP offers a delete tube for $59 and the FedEx dude dropped one at the door today.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

It doesn't scream but you can hear it now for sure.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
should have went with a CAI/ Tune combo

He has a cold air kit. A free flow washable air filter might help and a tune just about always helps. Of course you have to weigh that against losing your warranty which he might not be willing to do.

07calspecial

forum member
Reaction score
He has a cold air kit. A free flow washable air filter might help and a tune just about always helps. Of course you have to weigh that against losing your warranty which he might not be willing to do.
That is my main concern for sure. I just bought a 2012 and ordered the one from JLT in carbon fiber, a good bit more money but i plan on waiting for the warranty to expire before tuning.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
That one piece JLT tube MAF piece looks terrific. Too much for my car so I settled for the carbon intermediate tube.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back