iPod

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After going through many many fm transmitters for the ipod, I finally got the Monster one and even that doesn't work too well in the city. I am dying to hardwire my ipod into the car... has anyone done this, or does it just require a new head unit? I would rather jimmy something up and not get a new unit.

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Trip Tunes or Trip Tunes Advanced availble from Ford through your local dealer. The advanced version allows you to control the iPod from your radio, the standard version is universal and plugs into the headphone jack of any portable music player.

1_maniac

Reaction score
From what I see, the control mod on the steering wheel will not fit the 3 spoke wheel
like on the Bullitt. Anyone have any info on this??

DJ Staid

forum member
Reaction score
I hate to drudge up an old topic, but I have a few questions on this...

I have a zune and want to connect it to my shaker 500 stock stereo. I know that they did not include the aux port until 07 and have been looking at options. The trip tunes deal... does anyone have experience with that here? I though that was just FM modulation sold by ford?

I have a FM kit for my zune now, but ran into some of the same problems echo'd on this forum of low volume and crappy reception in the city.

I found this http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundzncblpak.html, but if you get that and the other needed piece that is almost enough for a new head unit...

**edit**

Here is the 2nd piece that you need to get your Aux button on your stereo to actually work
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd04aux.html
So all together you are looking at $140 plus shipping/tax, there has to be a cheaper & easier way

Anyone have experience with connecting an aux source to the 05 or 06 shaker head unit? I am going to get a new head unit eventually, but I would like to find a semi cheap and easy way to do this without making a ton of CDs or using crappy FM modulation.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the kit to hook up the Ipod and it also has the ability to hook up an aux jack. I never used it as I ended up getting a pioneer F90bt. Others had good luck with this kit. I think its called Ilink or something, I'll let you know when I get home tomorrow. I'd like to go for a reasonable price too if interested.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back