Is it possible to use passenger seat cushions on a driver's seat?

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My driver's seat has seen better days. Side bolsters on the back are chewed up and there is a split in the leather in the middle of the seat.

So I realize the seat back won't work due to the lever to flip the seat. But what about the bottom cushion? Is it different from driver to passenger or is it the same?

Trying to figure out a solution for this seat, I can't seem to find any skins and I see passenger seats going for $200 while driver's seats are $500-600....seems ridiculous.

Edit: For an alternative option, has anyone installed something like Corbeau Sport Seats? From what I've seen I could do a pair of those, including tracks, for a little more than what I've seen people asking for just a driver's seat. I might consider it if they're more supportive seats.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a guy on Instagram who works at Summit, he put some aftermarket seats in his car and they actually look really cool. I think you just need the seats and the rails for them to mount them.. might be worth looking into for sure. As for the factory stuff, I have no idea if they’re the same or not, I imagine they would be..

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
My driver's seat has seen better days. Side bolsters on the back are chewed up and there is a split in the leather in the middle of the seat.

So I realize the seat back won't work due to the lever to flip the seat. But what about the bottom cushion? Is it different from driver to passenger or is it the same?

Trying to figure out a solution for this seat, I can't seem to find any skins and I see passenger seats going for $200 while driver's seats are $500-600....seems ridiculous.

Edit: For an alternative option, has anyone installed something like Corbeau Sport Seats? From what I've seen I could do a pair of those, including tracks, for a little more than what I've seen people asking for just a driver's seat. I might consider it if they're more supportive seats.
Message me your Vin and color. I will see what I can do for you.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Message me your Vin and color. I will see what I can do for you.

So I'm curious, what can do you with that information?

Also, the interior color in my car is black, but I'm leaving for vacation actually tonight (not even going home first) and won't be back home for a week. I'll try to remember to get the VIN.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen a guy on Instagram who works at Summit, he put some aftermarket seats in his car and they actually look really cool. I think you just need the seats and the rails for them to mount them.. might be worth looking into for sure. As for the factory stuff, I have no idea if they’re the same or not, I imagine they would be..

That's what it looks like...the downside is that seat tracks alone for the Corbeau seats are $210. ouch

07 Boss

Reaction score

You also have to buy Corbeaus in pairs. They won;t sell you the single seat. I am using the other for an office chair until my munchkin gets out of his booster seat. Corbeau said that the seat will probably work with car and booster seats but that they weren't designed for them and he could not tell me it was going to be OK. So I left the stock passenger seat in for now.

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
So I'm curious, what can do you with that information?

Also, the interior color in my car is black, but I'm leaving for vacation actually tonight (not even going home first) and won't be back home for a week. I'll try to remember to get the VIN.

He can order you a cushion and skin if still available. I'm looking at a set of cushions for my drivers seat.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back