It was bloody noisy for a quite day at the track...

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Awesome pics yet again.

Hows the nose of your car for lift? Surprised not to see a splitter out front.

Thanks mate. Lift is not too bad, or so I think, I'll be getting a G-Stream splitter very soon, so I'll be interested to see/feel the difference that gives.

Apart from the obvious of it breaking, how do you like the A47 arm? I have this Roush shifter linkage, and I'm trying to figure out what to put on top of it; something longer than stock, and much longer than the average short shifter.

Nice pics btw. That 2-eleven is bloody brilliant on a track.

I loved the A47 arm and am gutted that it broke! It was taking some serious abuse all day because of the problems I was having shifting into 2nd and 3rd, but it shouldn't have snapped.

The A47 arm put the shifter in a great position closer to the steering wheel, perfect for what I wanted. I'll probably get another one, or have one fabricated out here from the dimensions of the A47 piece... shh... :thumb2:

time for a tr6060!

Funny, that's just what I was thinking! ;)

Where the hell do you live and how can I get on that track?

Damn brother, sorry you left on the tow truck. That does suck to end your day that way.

I believe he lives in Dubai.

There's a reason that I fitted the tow hook... it's not the first time I've left there on a recovery truck, in fact I have the recovery guy on fucking speed dial!

That's the forth time I've been 'taken home'... faulty fuel level reading (that was just plain embarrassing... I thought I had a serious problem, but it turns out I'd just run out of fuel because the fuel gauge was showing half full when it was actually empty! The Shame if it!), faulty fuel pump, failed alternator and then the smashed synchro's/broken shifter arm! lol

Very close, I'm actually in Bahrain... along with a shit load of you bloody American's! :argh: :kidding: :thumb2:

There's normally at least two open track days a month, plus the Bahrain Circuit Racing Club's Sprint Challenge and Caterham Experience days too! If anyone is ever in the area then give me a shout, in fact, just this morning I was speaking to a member of this fine forum who might be visiting soon :beer:

Last edited:

Speedfreak

forum member
Reaction score
Great pics as always! Sorry to see your track day end that way but hey, atleast you've got an excuse to continue modding :thumb:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I loved the A47 arm and am gutted that it broke! It was taking some serious abuse all day because of the problems I was having shifting into 2nd and 3rd, but it shouldn't have snapped.

The A47 arm put the shifter in a great position closer to the steering wheel, perfect for what I wanted. I'll probably get another one, or have one fabricated out here from the dimensions of the A47 piece... shh... :thumb2:

Cheers, thanks for the reply. It's what I figured. I really want something that's taller and closer, but I've always found the A47 VAT a bit daft. The Roush stick is nice and tall, but it's straight up. Works well with reduced throw linkages though.

Judging by the pictures it looks like a stress related fracture around the bolt holes. I'm betting they drilled them instead of mold them in.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Great pics as usual, thanks for putting in the time to share.

Im shocked the a47 SNAPPED, dint think it was possible...

hangon

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pics and very nice rides. The ending sucks but theres just another reason to upgrade. Any vids from the GoPro that was mounted on your rear bumper? Id like to see them if so.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
Cheers, thanks for the reply. It's what I figured. I really want something that's taller and closer, but I've always found the A47 VAT a bit daft. The Roush stick is nice and tall, but it's straight up. Works well with reduced throw linkages though.

Judging by the pictures it looks like a stress related fracture around the bolt holes. I'm betting they drilled them instead of mold them in.

Sorry, what do you mean A47 VAT?

It seems to be a pretty well made piece, with reinforcements in the bolt holes, I'm thinking that I may have been a tad 'exuberant' with it... as someone at Agent 47 delicately put it! lol

DSC_8347.jpg

The good news is, they're going to send me a replacement free of charge! Cheers Agent 47! :beer:

Great pics as usual, thanks for putting in the time to share.

Im shocked the a47 SNAPPED, dint think it was possible...

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Me too! I've watched the video back... I had a GoPro running in the car... and it doesn't look like I'm putting that much force into it, but then again I am 225lbs, was pumped up and couldn't get it into gear, so maybe I was being a tad 'exuberant' with it! lol

Nice pics and very nice rides. The ending sucks but theres just another reason to upgrade. Any vids from the GoPro that was mounted on your rear bumper? Id like to see them if so.

Thanks. I was running a GP HD in the cabin and the one on the back is an older one that I was running at the same time. I'll try to edit some footage together, but it was a pretty quite and not much exciting happened that day! Let me see what I can come up with... Oh, a newbie did panic when they saw me coming in their rear-view mirror and virtually stopped dead on the track to let me by, that was pretty funny... although not so much at the time! I'll see how that looks on the video :laughlots: :thumb2:

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, what do you mean A47 VAT?

I've always found the Agent 47 bits and pieces to be extremely nice but a bit expensive.

It seems to be a pretty well made piece, with reinforcements in the bolt holes, I'm thinking that I may have been a tad 'exuberant' with it... as someone at Agent 47 delicately put it! lol

I see. On the first photo it looked like it had broken around the top bolt hole. Mea culpa.

Good to see that A47 is sending over a replacement!

Speedfreak

forum member
Reaction score
Cheers mate! When are we going to see you over here for a track day? :beer:

I'll be hitting the Yas Marina circuit before it starts getting hot again... after that it'll be Bahrain. I'll definitely get in touch with you before I head your way... :beer:

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
I'll be hitting the Yas Marina circuit before it starts getting hot again... after that it'll be Bahrain. I'll definitely get in touch with you before I head your way... :beer:

Let me know when you''ll be hitting Yas and I'll head down mate!

Nice Pics!!

i love the gtr

Cheers! Me too mate, it's hard to beat by pretty much anything when driven properly!

Back