Jack stands header install

blinktwice

Reaction score
So I want to install my LTH on my own. Does anyone have insight as to the SAFEST way to do so?
4 jack stands?
2 for the front only then use jack to lift engine?

Any input would be appreciated!

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
So I want to install my LTH on my own. Does anyone have insight as to the SAFEST way to do so?
4 jack stands?
2 for the front only then use jack to lift engine?

Any input would be appreciated!
I haven’t done the work myself but if I was going to I’d be using ramps if possible but if that’s not an option I’d use 4 stands and take the wheels off, slide the wheels under the areas you won’t be working for extra protection.

FredB66

Reaction score
I installed my LTH's last year on 4 jack stands and some other means of extra protection is a good idea. Jacked up the motor at the front flange of the oil pan with a wood block that I carved up to fit. It wasn't too bad. As always, the hard parts are the unexpected things. In my case, a rusty/frozen steering shaft clamp and a broken dipstick tube took more time than that actual header install.

Rich07

Reaction score
I used 2 jack stands, pulled the tires and put them under the rotors. Used a hoist to lift the motor up. Wasnt to hard of a job

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
I used jackstands on the car. I cut two 14" or so chunks of 2x8 and screwed them together to make a nominal 4x8. I used that between the jack and oil pan front flange.

If you use anything other than 6-point sockets on those fasteners, your momma raised some damn fools.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back