JDM Dyno Tune 9-8-08 !

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
Went to JDM today, Jim set me up with a killer dyno tune! I have an '06 GT, automatic, 3.73's, Steeda UDP's, and FRPP CAI w/ Saleen Extreme Inlet Tube, stock exhaust, no other mods (yet!)... Jim got my car putting down 301 rwhp, and 316 rwtq ! Needless to say,the drive home to north Jersey was alot of fun! The car's killer! Many thanks to Jim, he put some time and effort into it despite him being very busy, and thanks to the rest of the crew. It was nice to meet Jim, Jim III, Chris, and the rest of the crew. I was impressed, JDM Engineering is an A1, professional, class operation!!!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
very nice numbers.... congrats

95PGTech

SN95s > all
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Jim, I'm glad you're happy. That truly is a lot of power for an auto, I hope you're happy with how the car drives, that's what is really important to us.

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
Update: Ran a best yesterday of 13.152 @ 105.5 mph ( that was on stock 17" Pirelli tires)

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
TEAM JDM,

is this a typical result for this type of tune? if not what is typical? i am from bucks county pa., and you do work on a very good friend of mines car, Wes Dalrymple. i have been considering coming to see you, but i am concerned that the cost of the custom tune will not be worth what the car might pick up. Maybe you can help me feel a little better, and assist me into making the decision?

current set up is as follows...
2006 gt auto
TCI 3000 stall
steeda UDP's
C&L Racer intake with sct and tunes from both brenspeed and Bama
4.10 gears
jeg star 15" wheels with 26x10 et drags and skinnies up front
spydershaft 1 pc driveshaft
pypes x pipe with NO cats

my goal and what i have read and discussed with many was that the car should run 12.70-90's depending on air quality. the car has only went a best of 13.01 but usually runs around 13.20-50 depending on air.

i am afraid to pay that huge money (i know its alot of work, and knowledge cost money) and get little to NO result. hey if the car wakes up and performs like i hope, it is money well spent. you can respond to me via PM if you wish.

any help or info would be greatly appreciated. i run in a local series, that requires the car to run on a 13.00 index at minimum (naturally aspirated) and currently is a waste of money to enter the car.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TEAM JDM,

is this a typical result for this type of tune? if not what is typical? i am from bucks county pa., and you do work on a very good friend of mines car, Wes Dalrymple. i have been considering coming to see you, but i am concerned that the cost of the custom tune will not be worth what the car might pick up. Maybe you can help me feel a little better, and assist me into making the decision?

current set up is as follows...
2006 gt auto
TCI 3000 stall
steeda UDP's
C&L Racer intake with sct and tunes from both brenspeed and Bama
4.10 gears
jeg star 15" wheels with 26x10 et drags and skinnies up front
spydershaft 1 pc driveshaft
pypes x pipe with NO cats

my goal and what i have read and discussed with many was that the car should run 12.70-90's depending on air quality. the car has only went a best of 13.01 but usually runs around 13.20-50 depending on air.

i am afraid to pay that huge money (i know its alot of work, and knowledge cost money) and get little to NO result. hey if the car wakes up and performs like i hope, it is money well spent. you can respond to me via PM if you wish.

any help or info would be greatly appreciated. i run in a local series, that requires the car to run on a 13.00 index at minimum (naturally aspirated) and currently is a waste of money to enter the car.

This is a very good example of what you can expect. your ET's aren't far off and maybe just a dyno tune would help straighten you out. Where are you located.

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
This is a very good example of what you can expect. your ET's aren't far off and maybe just a dyno tune would help straighten you out. Where are you located.

i am located in bucks county just north of philly. also, i was wondering if you thought that the summer blended 93 octane fuels are an issue and also be a culprit? i was considering going with a lower end VP or CAM2 type fuel. suggestions?

listen, i am not at all concerned what kinda h.p. the car makes now and after, im concerned with on track performance. make me feel better about spending all of that money. what happen IF the car performs the same after you are done? for what it is worth, i hope it would be the fix, and it is MONEY WELL SPENT. i am not concerned with spending money if it works, but i am not a fan of spending money for nothing.

Last edited:

cruisin

Reaction score
Another example of why I want to make the trek sometime this summer. I'll call you on Friday and try to book something

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i am located in bucks county just north of philly. also, i was wondering if you thought that the summer blended 93 octane fuels are an issue and also be a culprit? i was considering going with a lower end VP or CAM2 type fuel. suggestions?

listen, i am not at all concerned what kinda h.p. the car makes now and after, im concerned with on track performance. make me feel better about spending all of that money. what happen IF the car performs the same after you are done? for what it is worth, i hope it would be the fix, and it is MONEY WELL SPENT. i am not concerned with spending money if it works, but i am not a fan of spending money for nothing.

The summer blends of fuel are usually better than the witner. A little bit of VP MS103 splashed in a tank of 93 is a good insurance policy when racing in any conditions. I really think a dyno tune would benifit you the most, call us up sometime to set it up.

JimIII

Back