JLT oil separator improved filter

rebus

"seeker"
Reaction score
Anyone running a JLT oil separator may be interested in this new filter that is much more efficient. Details here: http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=635
There are a couple of YouTube links on the page that show how effective the new filters are. Just installed mine along with new aluminum fittings to replace the broken plastic fittings that JLT replaced at no charge.

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Apparently. I'm guessing there would be no additional benefit to applying this to the passenger side since that one appears to be working to JLT's satisfaction. At least that is how I understand it.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So they remove the big original filter and replace it with a smaller filter on the other side? Why not just reverse the two hoses instead? And it still doesn't work very well. I get a crap load of oil still getting into my intake after passing through the JLT can. I'm currently looking for a better catch can to replace mine.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I re-constructed my whole piece, lil custom work but it gets so much more oil now.
I made kind of a baffle with some mesh and the oil side goes all the way to the bottom with some cut slots in it so it can't even get up to the intake I will have to post pics because I confused myself lol.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Here is my little doo-hicky, intake side stays bone dry while there is a nice puddle in the bottom of the can and no real flow restriction.
ib9ff6.jpg

2nbhyjp.jpg

s4x94i.jpg

bullitt boy

Reaction score
So now I need one for the drivers side in the 2014 GT ? I thought the passenger side was the side that collected the oil on the 5.0 engine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back