JLT Vs C & L

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
as stock as your car is i dont think it would really make that much of a difference. i had a C&L on my 05 GT auto and it was fine...i have a JLT on my 08 manual and i like them both.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
... What can I expect with the new CAI & Tuner?

A decent amount relatively speaking. Probably close to 25 HP, maybe more. Most of that power will be in the tuning for 93 octane though. Before I put my JLT on I used the livewire and the canned 93 tune on the stock airbox and defiantly felt a nice SOTP difference. Funny thing was when I put on the JLT (tuned for the JLT and 93 octane of course), I couldn't really tell a difference other than it was louder...lol. As more boltons go on probably the more difference the JLT will make. But at near stock power levels the stock airbox isn't really restrictive.

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
I had a JLT I loved it. I forget what magazine did a test with all the intakes and 93 octane tune from a dyno shop. The JLT did like 19.5hp and the C&L made like 20.2hp. I like the looks of the JLT a little better you can also get it colored for your car also. So really the power isnt' going to be different it would just come on price and look. Which I think the JLT has it beat.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 for the JLT..20 hp/tq is a very realistic number for gains and the difference in the way the tranny shifts after the tune is night and day!

shanshine

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you want the car to run right a tuner is a must. Both are nice kits but like mentioned earlier the JLT comes colored for an additional $10 or $15 bucks which is a cool option =)

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either of them. They are both quality products that produce the exact same results. The only things that come into play are the looks, and if you plan on possibly going to a Saleen supercharger at a later time the C&L 95mm would make more sense.

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with either of them. They are both quality products that produce the exact same results. The only things that come into play are the looks, and if you plan on possibly going to a Saleen supercharger at a later time the C&L 95mm would make more sense.

JLT fits just fine and flows better (looks wise) with a saleen supercharger. I have it.

the C&L would look out of place with the blk saleen supercharger

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
i had c&L before but changed to jlt because i wanted color matched

Stinkyone

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Saleen blower with a JLT. Had to heat it up, stand on one end to make it oval shape. Looks kind of shitty. I'm thinking a C&L with a different silicone (a little longer) at the throttle body may work.

cdutchess78

forum member
Reaction score
since your getting the cai, you might as well buy a throttle body as well since youll have the airbox off while installing. youll really notice a differance than!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back