JLT with Boss manifold

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Confirming just from a customer and not a vendor. The JLT intake fits the Boss manifold just fine, actually, it fits great. I ordered the larger coupler from JLT before I installed the CAI just to make sure which should be here tomorrow.
Again it fits, works great and looks good. I'm impressed with JLT, its only the plastic intake tube but it does look almost factory. Props to JLT. I installed without the Ford racing installation kit, in my opinion it works but its going to bother me. I'll end up getting the kit just to make it "stock" looking.
I'm not a professional mechanic but the manifold took me maybe 75 minutes. It probably wouldn't have taken me that long but my wife likes to hide my tools. The CAI took me only 10 minutes to install, then again I just had to pull out the Roush CAI and put this in. So far I'm happy.

Last edited:

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I was gonna bring that up. I originally had a roush CAI so I didn't think I would need to update my tune but I guess I was wrong. I took my car out today and it would simply sputter taking off like there was a miss. So I'm assuming I need to update my tune?

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Oh and to answer your question I'm using brenspeed.

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
Yes you definitely need to update your tune. This is probably gonna be my next order. Then some wheels. Looks great man. This was the exact thread i needed because i have the JLT Carbon fiber intake.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you definitely need to update your tune. This is probably gonna be my next order. Then some wheels. Looks great man. This was the exact thread i needed because i have the JLT Carbon fiber intake.

Look at my sig...Carbon fiber fits great...

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
How does it feel compared to the stock intake manifold?
Haven't dirven it yet. I am in Iraq. But friend dyno it for me on his dyno. With this set up and with stock one. He said it revs fast and pulls hard on teh street.

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Good to hear and thanks for the feedback.

Enjoy
Jay

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
JLT is top notch and works well with the BOSS manifold. We've tested it numerous times. Give us a call, we give discounts to members here on tunes. Plus we also give Military Discounts.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
JLT is always the way to go IMO, i run their CAI on my 06 GT. Anyhow, the boss mani w/ the JLT looks good.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back