JPC intake manifold

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
Just put this on my car saturday and started dynoing it. Finish tomorrow. Im at over 400 rwhp n/a stock displacment.

127500 comp cams
livernois ported heads
Kooks long tube headers catted x pipe
cnc delete plates.
jpcintake1.jpg

jpcintake5.jpg

jpcintake2.jpg

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you can, post a before and after dyno sheet

MexGT

forum member
Reaction score
400 rwhp with stock bottom end? thats nice

btw is that intake aluminum ?

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
after tomorrow will do. Right now the injectors were maxed, im on stock injectors and fuel pump. also tomorrow we are adding a TB. So i will have a baseline run, then a run on stock TB, then a run on BBK TB. I just want to wait until the final numbers are out. Plus there is going to be an article about it and i dont want to step on any toes.

but i picked up 20 rwhp so far with no tuning. SAE on a dynamics dyno

jpcintake3-1.jpg

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
400 rwhp with stock bottom end? thats nice

btw is that intake aluminum ?

Yes stock bottom end. That vid is revving it 7800 as well, that was just to see how far it would pull, but again, you can see its going rich i guess with the injectors just wide open.

Yes its aluminum. So yea its gonna retain some heat, but i think most of the aftermarket intakes are. I have been driving it around since saturday, doesnt get hot, but it is winter here. There is a lot of open space between the engine and the manfold i guess thats helping it as well.

Last edited:

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
rich had 389 to the wheels before the intake with a nice conservative tune. could've squeezed a bit more if he wanted to. i'm sure he'll post up his dyno's from before though.

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
Hey bob,

Yes the 389 was with underdrive pulleys. Right now i have stock pulleys on there. Until all the test of the intake are done im gonna leave the stock pulley on so that it doesnt mess up the numbers. but in the end im going to put the pulleys back on and get a final number. Thats kinda why im waiting to post everything at once.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
so 20rwhp so far eh? Cams and heads. What stage heads?

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
stage II heads

Yea 20 peak on peak but you can kinda see on that dyno that it was droping off at 6400 before, now it pulls to who knows where. that one run you can see to 7000 it just keeps climbing, so 20 peak on peak 50 hp gains at 6900 rpms.

Again once the fuel system is addressed, then it will be more accurate. plus its all comeing off to do another baseline and then do it again. As it was i was maxed before we started on the injectors, so we had to up the pressure, which then with the intake we had to up the amps to try to get more pressure out of the fuel pump. But it didnt help to much. But yes right now, just droped it on and got 20hp.

Redwolf

Reaction score
Does this without problems under a factory hood? Also, would a GT500 throttle body offer improvement over the stock GT with this intake?

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
yes i have the stock hood it fits fine. gt500 would be good but we have a bbk already that were are going to try.

Redwolf

Reaction score
yes i have the stock hood it fits fine. gt500 would be good but we have a bbk already that were are going to try.

Thanks.:thumb:

One more question. With your experience and data with this, would replacing an intake manifold before getting heads down the road be worth it, would there be any gains from just an intake replacement?

Thanks

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
well so far this intake has also been tested on a car with just vsr stage II comp cams, the 127300 cams on stock heads. The funny thing right now is that peak on peak, it picked up the same thing almost, actually 18 peak on peak with just about the same curve, gains starting at 5100.

So i have much bigger cams and ported heads, thats why im saying, let me see what happens, it was installed saturday night and we just did some runs messing around, but it was apparent that we need injectors, im making a lot more hp then that vsr stock head car.

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
so did justin say you have been needing those injectors and a bap all along to get the full potential from what you already have or did the intake take you over the top making it a requirement

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well so far this intake has also been tested on a car with just vsr stage II comp cams, the 127300 cams on stock heads. The funny thing right now is that peak on peak, it picked up the same thing almost, actually 18 peak on peak with just about the same curve, gains starting at 5100.

So i have much bigger cams and ported heads, thats why im saying, let me see what happens, it was installed saturday night and we just did some runs messing around, but it was apparent that we need injectors, im making a lot more hp then that vsr stock head car.

...the 127300 cams on stock heads...18 peak on peak...

:supercool:

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
No. well the last time justin dynoed my car it was a 335. he didnt do the tuning and stuff on the heads and cams. So no he never told me i needed that.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back