jumper for high speed fan

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
It ended up talking about Don's and tmcolger low speed fan failure. It appears Don had his wired to the #30 post on the low speed relay and it eventually smoked the resistor.
Yup... I now flip-flopped the two relays and its been good so far.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Yup... I now flip-flopped the two relays and its been good so far.

Hum...so the wire is solderd on the #30 post on the high speed relay and the relay is plugged back into it's locating on the relay board? Then run the wire to a good ground source with a fuse inline? IFSO, that's all I need to know.

don_w

Reaction score
Hum...so the wire is solderd on the #30 post on the high speed relay and the relay is plugged back into it's locating on the relay board? Then run the wire to a good ground source with a fuse inline? IFSO, that's all I need to know.
I just moved the relay from the low to the high location, and vice versa. And there is no inline fuse on mine. It's just goes to ground with a switch in between. I have the switch mounted on the console.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
let me ask a stupid question here....unless you're running an eh20 pump also...what purpose does running the fan serve? won't it only cool the radiator and not necessarily help motor temps cool down between rounds?

don_w

Reaction score
let me ask a stupid question here....unless you're running an eh20 pump also...what purpose does running the fan serve? won't it only cool the radiator and not necessarily help motor temps cool down between rounds?
True... and I thought everyone had an eH2O pump by now. lol

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
okay so i guess all the posters in this thread are running electric pumps, i guess i should have assumed that or checked the mod lists

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
I just moved the relay from the low to the high location, and vice versa. And there is no inline fuse on mine. It's just goes to ground with a switch in between. I have the switch mounted on the console.
Thanks Don. Just to verify, the point where your wire is soldered to on the relay is #30 pin? The relays usually have numbers on the bottom, one set is for control and the other is for power.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
No not everone has a electric h20 pump, not for a DD. The use of a fan does help while not as affective as a eh20 that will have to do. I have used an industrial fan and hook it up to 115ac and cycle the engine heater and engine about every ten minutes and cools the engine down to almost the first red marker in about thirty minutes. This method Don and others use will leave the big industrial fan at home.

See I don't go to the track about 3-4 times a year but when do like to make pit management as easy as can be.

don_w

Reaction score
I really don't remember the pin number... I did it 3 years ago. But it was the rear-passenger side pin.

BTW, an eH2O pump works fine on a DD.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
yes this would help a lot more if you had a eh2o pump. until i get one this seems to help some. it sure is better than leaving your hood up with no fan running at all.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
I think I figured out the fan solution for the 05-06 cars by way of the Haynes Manual. Don metioned it was the was the rear-passenger side pin but didn't recall the terminal number. Investigating it is NOT the #30 Terminal/Pin but Terminal/Pin #85 which is part of the control circuit of the relay which makes since. The funny thing is the manual calls out three test to perform besides the continuity testing and one is grounding the #85 terminal while #86 has a power source attached to verify relay/fan operation. Somewhere in the past, way in the past 20 so years ago recall verifing relay operation this way.
Go figure!!!

Yeah I'm anal, need to know the electrical theory as well as layout before going further.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
BTW, an eH2O pump works fine on a DD.

Ahhhhhh....OK. I just recall a few years ago that down south here they had reliability issues in the heat. Evidentally these issues have been overcome. Also heard they work well with the UDP's.

Might put that on the Santa List. They are a little pricey.

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
so is this manual specific to 05-06 only?

damn man i never even realized you lived right here by me!

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
I used Don's method. I have a ground with a switch on my center console. I don't have an EH2O but it does cool the engine down much faster than not having a fan running. I also start the car every few minutes to get the cooled water into the engine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back