Just bought/Installed my GT500 wheels w_GY F1 Supercar tires

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert either, but as I understand it, an important consideration is the load rating of the specific tire. So even if the sticker on the car says 32psi cold, that is meant for the stock tires.

I'd have thought that as well. However - true story - when I first got my BFG drag radials 265/40/18LL, I called BFG for PSI recommendations. The service person asked me what car they were going on. When I told her a 06 Mustang she asked me to hold, I hear keyboard clicks, and she comes back and tells me 32. So I think its more dependent on the car.

My .02 on the topic

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
...and she comes back and tells me 32. So I think its more dependent on the car.
Maybe she was looking up the weight of the car, which would possibly effect the psi based on the load rating of the tire. It could have been just a coincidence that it was 32psi. I don't know for sure... just speculating.

As far as I'm concerned, with drag radials I don't give a rats ass what the "recommended" pressure should be, I keep mine soft enough so that they actually hook. hahah

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe she was looking up the weight of the car, which would possibly effect the psi based on the load rating of the tire. It could have been just a coincidence that it was 32psi. I don't know for sure... just speculating.

I don't disagree.

As far as I'm concerned, with drag radials I don't give a rats ass what the "recommended" pressure should be, I keep mine soft enough so that they actually hook. hahah

I never said I took that advice! :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back