Just had to share the results of this detail job! Non mustang related

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry but just so amazed with the results I achieved on this car

1995 Range Rover. The car was covered in rust and hard water stains. It was corroded and starting to rust. I did as best I could with the rust spots but over all this thing came out PHENOMENAL! Best results I've gotten considering starting condition!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378487839.234627.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378487849.846816.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378487858.313902.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378487868.730570.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378487886.780517.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1378487897.430335.jpg

A John In NJ

Rice Cooker
Reaction score
What steps did you do and what exactly did you use.

Its an amazing job

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Nice work! Reminds me of a Ford fiesta I did about 15 hrs ago when I worked at my grandparents dealership. The previous owner worked in a rock Quarry and left the windows cracked during the day so it was caked with rock dust on the inside. The outside was just as bad and I spent a full day on the interior and a full day on exterior and engine bay. Wish I had some pics of that one. Again....nice work!!

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! The guy was ecstatic!! He was going to sell it but now he's gonna sell it way high and if it doesn't sell, he'll keep it.

The process was unorthodox. I actually used a rust remover concoction that I made. I can't share details because, well, I partially do this for a living lol. If you ever have really bad rust stains from sprinklers or something, lemme know and ill hook you up.

I used my concoction first. It's touch less so I didn't need to worry about touching dirty paint. Then I washed her after rinsing the stuff off. I clayed the hood and the roof as well as the tops of the side panels and any other parts that failed the bag test.

Afterwards, I compounded with poor boys rubbing compound. I am mobile so I'm not always in a garage or car port and that stuff is awesome in the sun or the cheap shade I usually get from my 10'x10' tent.

After poor boys I used Wolfgang 3.0 swirl remover with a grey light polishing pad followed by Wolfgang finishing glaze 3.0 on a grey pad as well.

Then I hand apply a coat of wolfgangs paint sealant. I let that cure over night and applied pinnacle souveran the next day after a light wash.

For the wash I use chemical guys Mr pink in a foam cannon on my pressure washer.

The rims came completely clean, like spotless, from my concoction for rust! So all I did was use a chrome polish on them (marine 31).

Sorry I don't know specific brand numbers and all that. I know what I buy, I call my wholesaler and tell him I need more compound, he knows what I want lol.

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
That is incredible job, I see cars get nailed by the hard water sprinkler systems here, and you can from the houses and and fences because they are brown/gold color. Fortunately I don't have irrigation. Really impressed with the engine cleanup as well, I regret not doing a clean on the compartment when I had the engine out. However that is an amazing job.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang, I bet that doubled the value of that old Range Rover. I hope you got PAID for that job!!!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back