Just installed Sync v4.6

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Installation went smoothly (thankfully different than when I installed v4.4) and it only took 10-15 minutes. Had to re-pair my phone and everything seems to be working. At least temporarily it seems to have corrected the problem where when I asked for a particular tract on my iPod, sync would repeat the correct tract but play something completely different. Repeating the request would then select another incorrect song, in spite of sync correctly repeating the song I asked for. Here's the Ford blurb on the update:

DR3T-14D544-AG

Ford Motor Company is committed to enhancing and improving upon the SYNC® driving experience, and we periodically release software updates so you have the latest version of SYNC® to keep you up-to-date and in-the-know.

The latest release of SYNC® (V4.6) software delivers a more robust driving experience for vehicles equipped with SYNC® and SYNC® with MyFord®. The latest version also includes new features:

Streamlined help commands save time. SYNC® offers the corresponding help prompts only to the area that you¿re using.

Enhanced phonebook search allows you to browse and scroll through your contacts, alphabetically.

SYNC® AppLink™ now available in Canada and Mexico. Now, AppLink™ can be controlled in English, French (Canadian) and Spanish (Mexican).

SYNC® reboot allows you to quickly restart the SYNC® system to facilitate communication between your Bluetooth® - enabled device and SYNC®, without repairing your device or performing a master reset.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back