just traded my 11 gt/cs for a 12 gt500 mistake or awesomeness?P

11gt/cs

Reaction score
hay guys i just traded my 2011 gt cs boss intake, jlt cai, tune, 3.73's and lca's
to a bone stock new 12 gt500. did i make a mistake or should the gt500 be a lot faster. before i get bashed i know i should feel the difference but the gt500 only has 300 miles and is still really tight. but it does feel faster at most points but the 5.0 feels like it would have been a decent race.

also besides performance how about looks which one you guys like?

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 268
  • photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 252

11gt/cs

Reaction score
i can't lie the 500 feels like a completely different car kind of like a more luxurious drive but then again maybe i am just telling my self that to justify the price gap lol

how about performance wise any answers

hytek

forum member
Reaction score
If you feel like disclosing the details how good of a trade did you get on your 11? Was the GT500 new and did you get rebates/xplan? Just curious because I thought about doing the same a couple times but I think I would lose my ass on trade.

11gt/cs

Reaction score
i think i got a decent deal. i live in ga bought it at sandy springs ford sticker was $49,800 with trade + ttl it was $48,700 out the door with gap. i owed $28,300 cut a long story short i believe i am a decent negotiator off of stick came up to like $6,300. because they showed on paper $32,800 trade in and gap was $700.

if you try to understand what these dealers do with numbers to much you will go crazy. i just focus on the total drive out price and factor in what i owed on my car and its current worth. i think that my car was only worth about $26k cording to what similar cars would sell for.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
drive it for a year.. make sure everything works good... then pulley and tune the shit out of it, along with other little mods.

hytek

forum member
Reaction score
Cool thanks for sharing. I was trying to work a deal on a loaded 13 track pack a few weeks ago but after a little thinking I realized I'm in 12 GT500 territory for just a bit more. Sounds like you got a good deal on a badass car. I wouldn't look back and enjoy that new beauty! Congrats!

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
showing more for the trade on paperwork is an old car biz trick. don't get too excited. IIRC you don't get full boost until 500miles on those cars.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If my 5.0 would feel like a stock GT500 with those mods, then I need to bust out the checkbook b/c I've rode in a '12 500 and it's freaking scary.

Nice upgrade!

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
Sandy Springs has some nice 2012 GT500 deals right now I've been looking at ... But I can't see trading in my new GT I've only had for 7 months!

I saw your car on their Craigslist ad ... I like the Silver one with Stripe delete they are advertising.

cgibs89

Stickers add HP brah
Reaction score
It was a huge mistake. I'll trade you my GT/CS straight up for the GT500. Don't worry, my 5.0 feels like a '13 GT500, it's that awesome.

11gt/cs

Reaction score
Seems to me, the only downfall is your screen name. :)

Nice trade, looks good.

Lol I'm working on that

I heard about the full boost at 500 miles is that true?

I personally would have held out for the '13!!! lol. It's only 25k more!

Jk man. Enjoy the car! Great upgrade!

Lolololol the 13 is bad but may be to fast to start with I would like to get there though with some mods

It was a huge mistake. I'll trade you my GT/CS straight up for the GT500. Don't worry, my 5.0 feels like a '13 GT500, it's that awesome.

I'll let the wife know we may have a deal lol

Sandy Springs has some nice 2012 GT500 deals right now I've been looking at ... But I can't see trading in my new GT I've only had for 7 months!

I saw your car on their Craigslist ad ... I like the Silver one with Stripe delete they are advertising.

Yeah they was pretty cool they played tuff first saying that they wouldn't take nothing off but if you stick to it you will get a decent deal

Also they have the most gt500's I've seen they are still looking to buy more from dealers. Mines came from a city in pa

Last edited by a moderator:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back