Just wanted to say "Hey"

DieHarder

Reaction score
Throughout my life, every time I would drive a new build for the first time, I always came away thinking "needs more power". Some of my cars, if speed in the quarter mile is truly extractable (there's a word for ya), were at least 1k+ hp cars. In 1980. At the age of 19. Actually, I'll somewhat recant my first statement. I do recall when I drove my first car that I built, registered, inspected, it ran a 9.24 first pass off the trailer at Chenault air force base in Lake Charles. I thought to myself, "uh.....shit". It was the first time I ever thought about lifting for no reason other than I was going too damn fast. By the end of the day we were well in the 8's.

But now...
The car I have now runs low 10's. I could throw in some e85, and be in the 9's, maybe. But geez, I already feel out of control in the thing if I'm anywhere but the track. My cars have surpassed my old brain. I hope I can keep going for a bit longer. It's been a fight to get to 62. Cancer x 3. Stroke. Still a prick.
I'll second that.... :snoopy

MrBhp

Reaction score
No matter who you are, you never look bad in a Mustang :beerchug2:
My wife says she's going to bury me in my '70. I HOPE I don't look good. Lol. I want to be completely used up. When my buddies come to see me off for the last time, I want them to look in my casket and go, "Damn, that muthafuguh drank!"

killerbee

Reaction score
I've driven an '05 coupe since I bought it new in '05. I had an '07 GT for a couple months until I got T-boned and totaled several years ago. Recently, I came across a deal on an '05 GT that I absolutely could not pass up and now I have a project. LOL
After taking care of all the water intrusion problems and plugging all the holes, I moved on to restoring the interior with new SJB, carpets, seats and some missing trim. Interior is looking good!
Now, I'm moving on to the mechanical end of things. She runs/drives like a top, but she's bone stock.
Being as I'm pushing 70, I'm not looking for any major HP increase, just looking to please my ears and eyes with the improvements.
I'll be posting shortly in one of the other areas with my thoughts and plans. Maybe some of youguys can help me out along the way.
I'm in the South Carolina upstate btw. And look forward to hearing from y'all.
Welcome enjoy your toy!

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I mention in an earlier post that I probably have the most polished car in North Idaho. I thought I'd show you. Some months back I gave the car it's last wash and polish before winter set in. Several days later I walked by the car and couldn't believe the reflection.

In the photograph I am standing at the front bumper taking the shot down on the hood. You really have to look at the photo to realize you're looking at the hood, Part of the ceiling, wall and myself are reflected on the car.

Car shinny.JPG

RoninGT

Reaction score
Holy smokes Batman!
First question - what color is your car? That looks like a solar array panel on a satellite.

2nd question- what product do you use and or could you share any technique or technology? All by hand or buffer?

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
The car is black with red flakes in the clear coat. You can only see the flakes when out in the sun light.

The product is Turtle wax, contains ceramic & acrylic and has to be used on dark colored cars as it has black dye in it also to fill tiny holes and scratches as I recall. It's the easiest of applications, spray on, spread around, wipe off. All by hand.

I'm responding by memory so may have missed something. I happen to have bought this on Amazon and I think I saw this for lighter colored cars as well, probably just minus the dye. I'm sure you could also get this at most any car parts store.

Needless to say, I'm extremely happy with the outcome.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back