Keeping Bugs Off with Paint

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
When Seer was still part of the forum I think he recommended ONR diluted 20:1 as a quick detailer but other than that if I've driven for more than 2-3 days and haven't used a QD to get the dust off, I'm washing.

ONR is made with various polymers that lift dirt off of the car. It's ok to use if the car has been through a light rain or dusting.

If not, it is also best to use as a standard wash. Actually, I can't think of a soap that lubes the surface better.

2 bucket + ONR = win

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
ONR is made with various polymers that lift dirt off of the car. It's ok to use if the car has been through a light rain or dusting.

If not, it is also best to use as a standard wash. Actually, I can't think of a soap that lubes the surface better.

2 bucket + ONR = win

I have to say Four Star Ultimate soap is extremely slick. I mitt slides right across the paint with out any pressure.

But I do agree UWW+ and ONR are good when a car has a light coating just not dirty.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I have to say Four Star Ultimate soap is extremely slick. I mitt slides right across the paint with out any pressure.

But I do agree UWW+ and ONR are good when a car has a light coating just not dirty.

Use ONR as a regular car soap in a 2 bucket, it cannot be beat.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I use Max Suds through a foam cannon and Dodo Juice SuperNatural in my wash bucket. Slick as an oil spill on an ice skating rink

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Use ONR as a regular car soap in a 2 bucket, it cannot be beat.

Ill have to give it a go sometime soon.

I use Max Suds through a foam cannon and Dodo Juice SuperNatural in my wash bucket. Slick as an oil spill on an ice skating rink

I've been using duragloss 901/902 through my cannon followed up with four star in my bucket and im in the same situation haha.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Being slick is one thing, actually lifting and loosening the dirt from the surface to prevent swirling is another. Most soaps are fairly simple compared to ONR.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Being slick is one thing, actually lifting and loosening the dirt from the surface to prevent swirling is another. Most soaps are fairly simple compared to ONR.

agreed. Thats why I use a pressure washer as well. Nothing compares to the combination of a pressure washer, a foam cannon, the double bucket/grit guard system, and an electric leaf blower to dry.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I use the Chemical Guys Mr. Pink soap and love love love it. I one time washed a car twice with it, and that was a mistake, because the second time, there was no dirt in the rinse bucket.

What's ONR?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back