Keeping the engine compartment looking new??

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
How do you guys keep under the hood looking good? Ive heard you should clean with simple green, But i dnt know what I should use after that to keep all the black plastic and stuff looking good. Any idea would be great!

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
I take a microfiber cloth and spray simple green and wipe it all down. (i never use water, esecially from a hose.) After everything is simple green'd i take a bottle of ArmorAll Original protectant and wipe it down with another micro-fiber towell. It gives the engine bay the shine but not the greasy look like Engine gunk gives.

Hope this helps, it make smy engine bay look new everytime. and last for awhile too.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well, a lot would depend on your driving conditions. Dusty, rain, etc. Mine is a daily driver, but living in the Pacific NW means wet, dirt, leaves, etc. I cover all the essential components in my engine and go to car wash from time to time. Then I got to Griots (online store) and get some under the hood stuff to clean. Its a lot of work depending on the level of cleanliness you want.

05xgt

Reaction score
There is a product in one truck stop that I use. I can't remember the name off hand, but as soon as I get home I'll post it up. I haven't found anything that works as good and lasts.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Well, my car never sees gravel roads except the gravel driveway at work. Rain however is a problem as I have the cervinis concept hood so a little moisture can get in when Im driving when it rains. It usually stays pretty clean under the hood tho. But I want it spotless. Im not a big fan of armor-al. Atleast not for the interior of vehicles anyways. But it would surely work good for under hood stuff. I may give it a try.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back