Ken block's gymkhana eight: Dubai

Mad

Moe
Reaction score
Been waiting for this to come out , my wife woke me up at 7 AM saying Ken Block is drifting in the neighborhood (the drag with Super Cars scene) but there was much more drifting clips that they didn't use

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E

Last edited:

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Enjoyable to watch, as always. But I wasn't really wowed this time. The guy's ability to control a car is tremendous but it's almost as if they didn't put the same effort to get those really dramatic shots like they normally do. Idk just my opinion.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I was more wowed by the beauty of Dubai. It was a repeat of all the same he's done before, donuts in a box, donuts around a cone, etc. I agree with Kato.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
He has some really impressive vehicle control that is said without a doubt. Not a bad video, had some interesting shots, but it almost seemed as though it was imitating a video game at least that is the feel that I got from it. Like GTA meets Need For Speed or something.

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
I do get what you're saying - I do still like watching it. This was one of my favourite moments of his in #5(I know simple things and all that)

tumblr_nx5sg7EojS1uuflf3o1_500.gif

TaylorGT

forum member
Reaction score
How about the last 15 seconds of the video? Releasing his gymkhana 9 RS....that thing looks sick.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
I liked the video, but do agree with everyone that he could use some new "twists on his moves." I guess that my favorite is the 65 Mustang though

waylander

forum member
Reaction score
same basic idea as the Gymkhana vids but (to me) way, waaaay better...

recoil 2 (I'm sure it's been posted before but it's still cool)

Mad

Moe
Reaction score
it feels like a commercial for Dubai and Ford at the same time, I love both so it's cool :clap:

I'll try to find and post the videos I took from my window while they were filming

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hell of a motor pool that police force has......

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I'll say the same thing I said every other time... they're really good at editing a lot of takes into one usable video...

A couple of scenes where there wasn't a bunch of black marks on the ground in front of the car, so I'm a little impressed with that, but the dude runs into things too much for me to call him amazing. If you want amazing, you look to Tanner Foust, the mulholland run he did and the story behind it show what an actually amazing driver can do.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got bored watching it. Gave up half way through.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back