Kenne Bell 2.6 standard

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this blower? I have had it for a little over a year now and thought it was a good blower. I just recently got the motor built and added every mod that I could to support 600+rwhp. I was dissapointed when my KB could only push out 538 rwhp on 100 octane (17psi):tdown::thud::furious:
Needles to say that I am going a different direction and the KB head unit can be had real cheap!
Has anyone else pushed the 2.6 standard and had good results?

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't you squeeze a few more psi out of it?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
538 is not that bad, is it? I turned a 10.77 with 511---you should be easily in the 10's at the track if you show up with the right drag radial.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2.6 blower

Any thoughts on this blower? I have had it for a little over a year now and thought it was a good blower. I just recently got the motor built and added every mod that I could to support 600+rwhp. I was dissapointed when my KB could only push out 538 rwhp on 100 octane (17psi):tdown::thud::furious:
Needles to say that I am going a different direction and the KB head unit can be had real cheap!
Has anyone else pushed the 2.6 standard and had good results?

That blower should max out @ 26 PSI with the correct pulley,why don't you get a smaller pulley & tune it???Call Kenne Bell!!

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
Im sure you did but did you change your Throttle body? I know a factory TB cut off right around 530 HP every time.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can't you squeeze a few more psi out of it?
nope, stopped gaining hp...15psi 527, 17psi 538 on 100 octane
538 is not that bad, is it? I turned a 10.77 with 511---you should be easily in the 10's at the track if you show up with the right drag radial.
Yeah, but you are now close to 600 rwhp after you added your TB and manifold, I am 60hp behind you with my blower that is .3 liters bigger:thud:
My motor is the same as your I believe and my supporting mods are the same also, big TB custom intake manifold, 4" intake tube, fluidyne HE,Ford racing upgraded intercooler pump, shelby dual pumps 2 kb boost a pumps. Not to mention that my car is a manual and should make even more than an auto.
That blower should max out @ 26 PSI with the correct pulley,why don't you get a smaller pulley & tune it???Call Kenne Bell!!
It was tuned by the best in the business

Im sure you did but did you change your Throttle body? I know a factory TB cut off right around 530 HP every time.
I got it all and the KB is maxed out.

Don't get me wrong, the car is a monster, but I thought with my KB I could keep dialing it up to at least 650 rwhp. It is just not there. The platform is there I just need a blower that is up to the task.
My real point is that the Whipple is a better choice IMO. I think this little 2.6 is going down the road in favor of something in the neighborhood of 3.4 liters:party:

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SO your the one getting a 3.4?! Hmmmmm, thats one, but I saw 2 at Adams shop on Friday. Wonder who is getting the other one :zipped:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
SO your the one getting a 3.4?! Hmmmmm, thats one, but I saw 2 at Adams shop on Friday. Wonder who is getting the other one :zipped:

?? I said a 3.4 sounds nice, I have a Kenne Bell, so it would be nearly impossible to hook the 3.4 up to mine, wouldn't it??:partyguy:

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
2.6 blower

Something is wrong,this blower will produce 26 psi with the smallest pulley.Belt slip,spark blowout,fuel trim,i know guys running them @ 20 psi+.I would start making phone calls.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
nope, stopped gaining hp...15psi 527, 17psi 538 on 100 octane
Yeah, but you are now close to 600 rwhp after you added your TB and manifold, I am 60hp behind you with my blower that is .3 liters bigger:thud:
My motor is the same as your I believe and my supporting mods are the same also, big TB custom intake manifold, 4" intake tube, fluidyne HE,Ford racing upgraded intercooler pump, shelby dual pumps 2 kb boost a pumps. Not to mention that my car is a manual and should make even more than an auto.
It was tuned by the best in the business

I got it all and the KB is maxed out.

Don't get me wrong, the car is a monster, but I thought with my KB I could keep dialing it up to at least 650 rwhp. It is just not there. The platform is there I just need a blower that is up to the task.
My real point is that the Whipple is a better choice IMO. I think this little 2.6 is going down the road in favor of something in the neighborhood of 3.4 liters:party:

I have most likely the same engine set up and also built by Adam. I have a 2.4 kb @ 17 stock intake manifold, stock tb, stock intake. My car made 530/560 but once again with the stock kb parts. can you post the dyno sheet or maybe the data log numbers.

By the way my car went 7.05@98 on the 1/8 banging gears on the first time out.

F00Mustang

Goes from a dig
Reaction score
If you like running that kind of PSI, you need the 2.6H. This model is better suited for high PSI use. It's worthless below 15psi though. Good Luck.

Or get the whipple 3.4. You may think about stepping up to a 76mm turbo.

ucfstang

Reaction score
Talk to ST Motorsports too, they have a nice intake & I believe a TB they fabricated themselves. A few people on here have tried it and got awesome results!

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Talk to ST Motorsports too, they have a nice intake & I believe a TB they fabricated themselves. A few people on here have tried it and got awesome results!
I believe he has these already! He just has the bug now. He needs MORE power!! :samuri:I know a few guys like that.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who cares how much HP you put down. What are your track times?

Only Supra's dyno race.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have most likely the same engine set up and also built by Adam. I have a 2.4 kb @ 17 stock intake manifold, stock tb, stock intake. My car made 530/560 but once again with the stock kb parts. can you post the dyno sheet or maybe the data log numbers.

By the way my car went 7.05@98 on the 1/8 banging gears on the first time out.
This is my point, I did some research and the 2.4's are putting down better numbers. If I didn't have all the intake goodies and TB I would have been below 500 hp at 17psi on 100 octane. I don't have the dyno sheets yet, I think we are going to do a side by side when the project is finished. Ron was putting down 520 before his build at 12psi.
I will be shifting my own gears as well, did you have dr's?

If you like running that kind of PSI, you need the 2.6H. This model is better suited for high PSI use. It's worthless below 15psi though. Good Luck.

Or get the whipple 3.4. You may think about stepping up to a 76mm turbo.
I aggree, but I still say the 2.6 is a little dissapointing:furious:

I hear the IAT's on the 3.4 are about the same as an LA summer day, so that might be the way to go.
Yeah, I bet you do mr "first in the country to run a 3.4 whipple on a 3v"
Paul, you should be the 2nd and show Ken some exhaust tips:clap:

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Who cares how much HP you put down. What are your track times?

Only Supra's dyno race.

um, when you can't drive worth a sh!t the only thing you have to hang your hat on is the dyno.

BTW, I've lost to every Supra I have "dyno raced" and it is really pissing me off:onfire:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You have one of the best tracks in the country to practice on! Go get some M&H 325/45/17 drag radials and put down some ETs! I bet if you hooked and made a clean pass you would be in the tens with that kind of power......

www.pacificraceways.com This track is only 150 feet in elevation and has great air just like the NE guys have.

Last edited:

Josh@PMP

Reaction score
Something doesn't add up on this.

I had a standard 2.6 on my car and I made right at 500 RWHP on 10PSI on 93 Octane on KENNE BELLS tune, NOT some custom dyno tune.....

Thats only 40 less HP than you and you said you have the inlet tube and throttle body, which I DO NOT have. My only bolt ones other than the KB @ 10psi at the time was an aluminum driveshaft, off-road h-pipe and Eh20 Pump through the stock manifolds.. You are running 7 PSI more and higher octane fuel so you should be able to run more timing.

Something is up with your setup or tune. You should be making more than that no questions asked. There are PLENTY of guys running a standard 2.6 and 2.4 blower making almost that much power, and I know of a few of them making more than that on stock motors with no inlet side upgrades.....

I would be seeing whats up, there is no reason that blower can't make more power than its putting out.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back