Kenne Bell 2.6L For Sale

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Kenne Bell 2.6L Stage One Kit (most of it)

$3000 plus shipping

KB2.jpg

KB1.jpg

This is not a complete kit. Over the years I modded the blower setup and some of the original Kenne Bell (KB) stuff went by the wayside. Let me repeat, THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE KIT!

You will need the following parts/items to make a “kit”:

Fuel rail brackets- You could probably make some but they are $50 from KB.

ECU relocation kit- I never even used the one KB supplied. It is a total POS and mounts the ECU in a really crappy location. Plus if you use the KB relocation kit you can’t run some beefy belt tensioners which is a big problem when it comes to chucking belts. I made my own ECU relocation bracket (that I am still using) and I have no idea where the KB one went. If I were you I would make something. But the KB ones are $80.

Heat exchanger system- I ditched the KB heat exchanger, overflow and pump right away. They are garbage. You really wouldn’t want them anyway. At a minimum I would go with a used GT500 heat exchanger, GT500 water pump and a Roush TVS overflow tank. You will also need hose and clamps. I can’t imagine this would cost more than $300 tops. Your best bet is going with a good heat exchanger and pump though. Yes it would cost a little more money but in the long run you will be glad you did it. Keeping them cool is PARAMOUNT for consistent horsepower. If you were to get a brand new KB you would quickly want to upgrade this stuff anyway so it’s not really an extra expense….sorta. If it were me I would run the second to largest Afco heat exchanger and a Meziere 20gpm water pump.

Injectors- I have no injectors for it (I was running 60lb’ers, unless you are planning on big power those would have been way to big). You can run any 36lb-47lb injector and it will be just fine. Maximum cost used $200.

Fuel pump- The kit came with a KB Boost A Pump……junk. I never used it. Best bet is to use one of the newer Aeromotive 340lph pumps which drop right in the stock location or contact Jeremy at S&H for one of his fuel pump solutions. This can be done for a couple hundred bucks.

Fittings/hoses- I have most of the hard to find stuff but you will need to make some vacuum lines, PCV hose, etc. Not a big deal. It is all stuff you probably have sitting around and EVERY auto parts store has them.

Plugs- You will need a cooler set of spark plugs. You would need these with any used blower. You don't want to re-use plugs.

Now for the good news. There are some nice custom features about this blower that you will like:

How used?- The blower has about 10K miles on it. About 8,500mi at 450hp and 1,500mi at 650hp.

Blower elbow porting- I port matched the blower inlet so it will accept the FRPP 62mm throttle body. That was A LOT of work. If you want to run a TB bigger than the stock one you will be real happy this is already done.

Supercharger Mid Plate- There is a aluminum plate that goes between the blower case and the manifold. It is VERY common that when it comes time to pull the blower you have to ruin the plate to get it off. They are a NIGHTMARE! They also require you RTV the entire mounting surface so it also take forever to clean up so you can put it back together again. The KB plate also has a habit of flexing under power allowing the belt to misalign which chucks belts. We machined a thicker plate (no flexing) that has a O-ring built into the sealing surface so you can use a LOT LESS RTV when you put it together and it makes removing it a snap. In addition to that we incorporated “jacking screws” into the plate to eliminate the need to pry the blower off with a pry bar/ 2x4 (the standard method). This plate makes life with a KB a LOT nicer.

Mass Air Meter- It has a VERY nice mass air meter with the kit. It is a billet SCT BA3000. This is a $275 upgrade over the plastic “Lightning” MAF that comes with the 2.6L kit. Your tuner will love you for it and if you want to make over 500hp with it you have to have it.

Coolant Hoses- This kit is for the 2005-2006 GT’s so it has the dual outlet water crossover. If you have a 2007+ you would need all of the hoses, thermostat housing, etc. They are about $200. I have all of this and you can have it. It’s even better than the stock stuff though. I custom made all the hoses so they run a better way and clear everything without rubbing. And in the future if you want to run a 10 rib belt drive they already clear. The stock stuff will not. The T-stat housing has the KB supplied I think it is a 180deg T-stat already in it.

Blower oil- I have a fresh bottle of blower oil.

Cleaned Up- The blower, manifold, etc is all cleaned up (I even rebuilt the manifold) and ready for install. It is not a sloppy mess like when it is first removed from the car. This represents HOURS of work. And I wanted to make sure everything was good to go.

Belt Tensioner- I will put a DOB “Frankentensioners” in with the blower. This will eliminate 100% of the notorious KB belt problems. I ran this blower for about 8,000 on ONE belt (and it was still going, I switched to a 10 rib drive) using the Frankentensioner. The only hitch is it will not fit with the KB ECU relocation kit.

Belt- I have one belt, but you will want to buy an extra to keep in your trunk.

Pulley- It comes with the 4in/450hp 6 rib pulley.

Instructions- I have all of the original install instructions in a big 3 ring binder. Easy to read, nothing missing.

Again let me state this is not a complete kit with every last little piece. But to be honest the stuff that is not included is stuff that you would have ended up changing/upgrading anyway (that’s why that stuff is not there, I changed it for better stuff). None of the blanks that need to be filled in are hard AT ALL. There is no reason to be worried you won’t be able to pull it off. And in most cases I can help you through any questions you may have (I’ve done it all at least once already). Yes you will be making a few trips to the store, yes you will need some fasteners you don’t have, yes you will need to source a few parts. But at the end of the day you will end up with a kit better than what KB sends out. They supply a good blower but they cheap out BIG TIME on all the support parts.

The blower is $3000 as is.

This is not a Department Of Boost “item”. If you buy this and get in over your head I don’t want to hear “Department Of Boost sold me a blower that was missing stuff”, cry, sniffle, cry, cry, cry. You already know it is missing stuff and you are not buying it from Department Of Boost.

Yes I will be happy to fill some of the blanks in by email/pictures. No you do not get unlimited tech time on the phone.

There is zero warranty on the blower. If you want a warranty buy a new one.

Of course there are a few scratches/dings/etc. It is a used blower. If you want a perfect blower buy a new one.

Again, this is not a complete kit. If you want a complete kit with ever last little do dad, buy a new blower.

Payment- I will not be accepting Paypal for the blower. I’m not going to eat the fees and to be frank I don’t trust that someone won’t decide at some point that it is not exactly what they wanted and decide to do a charge back. People suck. If you are not OK with paying with a cashiers check buy another blower. I will accept a $100 deposit by Paypal to lock it in for you though. The balance is due in 5 business days. I work on a first pay, first serve basis.

Shipping- I have not tried to box this up yet. It came in three boxes, it may leave that way too. I am also not going to give you a 100% concrete shipping price until it is all boxed and I know where it is going to either. It’s impossible for me to do that. I am guessing it will be about $100 to ship. If you have a real business address to send it to I can assure you it will be a lot cheaper than shipping to your house in BFE.

The blower is sold as is. $3000 plus shipping.

The blower has no warranty.

The “kit” is not 100% complete.

This is not being sold by Department Of Boost.

I will not accept any form of payment other than a cashiers check.

PM me any questions you may have.

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
great price for a great kit!
..a couple other little parts that I dont see in the pics that may still be on the car or missing: (if these are there, forgive me)
- FRPS spacer, relocates the fuel rail sensor slightly so it clears the bpv
- BEC relocation bracket, moved the BEC down so the intake pipe fits
- MAF wire extension, used to plug into the stock MAF plug and to the 4-pin BA3000 maf

Regarding the PCM relocation, I completely agree; relocating it where the kit tells you to relocate it is not the best nor most practical location. Plan on locating the PCM somewhere else (some of us have put it behind the passenger-side fender, nice and out of the way!).

And for anyone buying, feel free to hit any of us KB guys up for advice or questions. For the missing parts, try a WTB here before getting them from KB directly; sometimes other people have the left over and such.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
great price for a great kit!
..a couple other little parts that I dont see in the pics that may still be on the car or missing: (if these are there, forgive me)
- FRPS spacer, relocates the fuel rail sensor slightly so it clears the bpv
Good catch. That sucker is long gone! I have been running a return system for 4yrs now. I do know someone who just converted to a return system though so I'm sure I could get my hands on that bad boy.

- BEC relocation bracket, moved the BEC down so the intake pipe fits
What is a BEC?

- MAF wire extension, used to plug into the stock MAF plug and to the 4-pin BA3000 maf
I didn't pile it up in the picture. It comes with the blower.

Regarding the PCM relocation, I completely agree; relocating it where the kit tells you to relocate it is not the best nor most practical location. Plan on locating the PCM somewhere else (some of us have put it behind the passenger-side fender, nice and out of the way!).

And for anyone buying, feel free to hit any of us KB guys up for advice or questions. For the missing parts, try a WTB here before getting them from KB directly; sometimes other people have the left over and such.

Thanks!

In case anyone wanted to know I removed this to go with a 3.4L Whipple. I didn't take it off because there was anything wrong with how the car ran.

Last edited by a moderator:

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
I have the ecu relocation bracket, kb fuel rail brackets and fuel line/fittings, ad the FRPS spacer if the buyer needs...didn't use them with mine

Great price on this btw!

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
GET IT, BadPiggy!!!

(BEC = Bussed Electrical Center...the under-hood fuse/relay box on the passenger side between the headlight and shock tower)

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
GET IT, BadPiggy!!!

(BEC = Bussed Electrical Center...the under-hood fuse/relay box on the passenger side between the headlight and shock tower)

Workin' on it, bro!
Dropped about $5k for parts since Black Friday.
Don't need to spend anymore right now, but at this price...hard to pass up.
Juggling funds around to see if I can make this work.

Was wanting the KB 2.8 to set on a B302...but I'm thinking this 2.6 sitting on a B326 should be equally as badass. Couple of nice CNC heads flowing all that shit through, I'm guessing 700 at the wheel.

Anyway, working on it.
$3000 isn't that hard to come up with.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Free bump.

Having installed two of these, I can back the OP up on a couple of things. The items missing in the kit is no big deal, and you probably don't want them anyway.

The ECU bracket would relocate it in a tough spot right in front of the belt tensioner. A custom bracket to inside the wheel well would be much cleaner, easier, and safer in the case of a belt slinging off.

The KB BAP is junk compared to one of Jeremy S&H's fuel systems. I'm still dealing with a lean tip in using the KB BAP.

KB heat exchanger is tiny, get an AFCO which is MUCH better and bigger. The new KB's come with a GT500 water pump, which isn't bad, but I opted for the 20 gpm Meziere which flows over 3 times as much. KB overflow is tiny, need a bigger tank anyway.

Even at 440 SAE (472 rwhp uncorrected), I'm at the limit of the 90mm Lighting MAF. The billet SCT BA3000 with this kit is much better.

So, the stuff that this kit doesn't come with would need to be upgraded anyway, and the improvements make it better than the "stock" kits.

Good deal, free bump!

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Free bump.

Having installed two of these, I can back the OP up on a couple of things. The items missing in the kit is no big deal, and you probably don't want them anyway.

The ECU bracket would relocate it in a tough spot right in front of the belt tensioner. A custom bracket to inside the wheel well would be much cleaner, easier, and safer in the case of a belt slinging off.

The KB BAP is junk compared to one of Jeremy S&H's fuel systems. I'm still dealing with a lean tip in using the KB BAP.

KB heat exchanger is tiny, get an AFCO which is MUCH better and bigger. The new KB's come with a GT500 water pump, which isn't bad, but I opted for the 20 gpm Meziere which flows over 3 times as much. KB overflow is tiny, need a bigger tank anyway.

Even at 440 SAE (472 rwhp uncorrected), I'm at the limit of the 90mm Lighting MAF. The billet SCT BA3000 with this kit is much better.

So, the stuff that this kit doesn't come with would need to be upgraded anyway, and the improvements make it better than the "stock" kits.

Good deal, free bump!

Thanks!:thumb2:

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Man I wish some of you KB gurus were closer to Ohio. I have been having little issues here and there with my setup and haven't been able to have it run perfect in years.

That mid plate idea sounds like a good deal too! I've been having belt slip issues and ditched my frankentensioner for a thump_rrr, hopefully not that bad of a choice. Also did the snout brace from thump_rrr but still the side of the belt closest to the motor keeps coming a little misaligned and ripping ribs (usually when I shift).

Also, I definitely agree with basically everything you said. I am running on the stock MAF that came with the kit so I'm looking to upgrade. Probably some of my issues there as I'm over 550 rwhp. Also, I bought a Ford lightning intercooler pump as that what a lot of people recommended. I was looking at the flow rates and the Lightning one doesn't seem to flow much. Then, I was also told that if you get a pump that flows too fast, the coolant will not effectively be cold. I have bad heat soak after a couple of runs and the motor gets pretty hot. Should I switch that pump out?

Question, if I have a 2.4L KB, what would I have to change to do the 2.6 setup, and, do you think it would be worth it? I forget which one, but I remember some people saying the 2.4 runs a little more efficient than either the regular 2.6 or the 2.6H or whatever the other one was. I may be interested in doing the swap if it is fairly simple which I'm thinking it may, let me know while I check my funding haha. Not trying to jack your thread so sorry for all the questions just kinda trying to gage what would be more worth it for me. Feel free to PM me if you like as well.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Man I wish some of you KB gurus were closer to Ohio. I have been having little issues here and there with my setup and haven't been able to have it run perfect in years.
Well the interweb makes the whole world smaller.

I've been having belt slip issues and ditched my frankentensioner for a thump_rrr, hopefully not that bad of a choice.
The Frankentensioner has 62% more belt tension than the Thumper does. If you are having belt slip issues it doesn't sound like the Thumper is a move in the right direction.

Also did the snout brace from thump_rrr but still the side of the belt closest to the motor keeps coming a little misaligned and ripping ribs (usually when I shift).
This will be available in a few months. No more belt issues.

IMG_2340_zps5c61ce49.jpg

Also, I definitely agree with basically everything you said. I am running on the stock MAF that came with the kit so I'm looking to upgrade. Probably some of my issues there as I'm over 550 rwhp.
I don't know how you are even doing that???

Also, I bought a Ford lightning intercooler pump as that what a lot of people recommended. I was looking at the flow rates and the Lightning one doesn't seem to flow much.
No it doesn't flow much at all compared to what most people are running now. 20gpm is considered a good upgrade and I know a lot of people (including myself) that are running 55gpm pumps (I'm actualy running TWO now!!)

Then, I was also told that if you get a pump that flows too fast, the coolant will not effectively be cold.
That is a complete and total crap.

I have bad heat soak after a couple of runs and the motor gets pretty hot. Should I switch that pump out?
Yes

Question, if I have a 2.4L KB, what would I have to change to do the 2.6 setup,
All the big stuff.

and, do you think it would be worth it?
That is up to you.

I forget which one, but I remember some people saying the 2.4 runs a little more efficient than either the regular 2.6 or the 2.6H or whatever the other one was.
I find that very unlikely.

I may be interested in doing the swap if it is fairly simple which I'm thinking it may,
Considering you already have a blower it would be pretty easy.

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Well the interweb makes the whole world smaller.

Haha yea I know but its easier to have someone with you and get hands on help then doing one thing then coming back, doing another then coming back, etc...

The Frankentensioner has 62% more belt tension than the Thumper does. If you are having belt slip issues it doesn't sound like the Thumper is a move in the right direction.

Looks like I will be switching back then!

This will be available in a few months. No more belt issues.

IMG_2340_zps5c61ce49.jpg

Any more info on that, maybe PM me?

I don't know how you are even doing that???

Using a Diable MAFia (recommended by the previous tuner :crazy: should have just done the BA5000 like I originally wanted.

No it doesn't flow much at all compared to what most people are running now. 20gpm is considered a good upgrade and I know a lot of people (including myself) that are running 55gpm pumps (I'm actualy running TWO now!!)

Looks like I will also be getting that lol

That is a complete and total crap.

Read that here on this forum! Guess I have to find the right people...

I find that very unlikely.

That would make sense, yes, but that is why they introduced two different 2.6's and 2.8's. One of them was running a lot hotter than the other and in the end, it was less efficient than the 2.4. Yes, it could make more boost, but the amount of power per psi was less.

Considering you already have a blower it would be pretty easy.

Let me check my funding tomorrow and see what I can work out.

I really appreciate all the help man and like I said I'm going to try and see what I can do to buy your setup. If I stick with what I have, I'm going to have to do a new belt tensioner, a new coolant pump, and a new maf - which will cost me upwards of $600. I could probably make my money back by selling mine and any extra stuff I have so it is looking tempting...

SUHleen

forum member
Reaction score
Another question, was this thing maxed out at 650 hp? What psi were you at? I want to make closer to 700 and I'll be happy with that. I'm at about 550-575 at 15 psi on pump, 600 on race gas at about 18 and 625 with a small shot.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
A better heat exchanger in addition to a pump upgrade is probably worthwhile. I'm sure the OP would agree. The stock setup is barely adequate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I can't haul it when it's raining or snowing (needs to go in the bed of the truck). It has been snowing/raining every day! It's driving me crazy!:mad2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back