Kenne Bell 3.2 makes 805 rwhp on the 4.6 3v

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Running E85.
I have a better chance finding dilithium crystals in my neck of the woods.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Did I miss the 3.2L blower part? That article used the 2.8 Mammoth kit which has been available for quite a while.

Last edited:

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
Did I miss the 3.2L blower part? That article used the 2.8 Mammoth kit which has been available for quite a while.

THis.

The article may be recent but its nothing new. a Mammoth 2.8 + E85 will easily make 150-200 more HP on practically same boost than the weak 2.6L.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Never put much value in kenne bell's "tech" article write ups. They are done to the likes of BBR. I do like the new water cooled housing design, took long enough.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Never put much value in kenne bell's "tech" article write ups. They are done to the likes of BBR. I do like the new water cooled housing design, took long enough.

A KB 2.8 will make 800 rwhp on a 3v no problem. I was more interested in the "3.2L" in the title which isn't accurate.

SBGT

2005 Mustang GT
Reaction score
Even if they did make a 3.2L head unit it would still have the industries worst IC and even more belt issues.

haters-gonna-hate-snow-white_large.gif

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
There is far, far more to a supercharger systems performance than the displacement of the head unit.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A KB 2.8 will make 800 rwhp on a 3v no problem. I was more interested in the "3.2L" in the title which isn't accurate.

I agree it can, just don't personally put a lot of faith in their posted articles for that and numerous other reasons over the years, they drink a little too much from their own cups. Independent customer reviews and results are a much better resource. DOB is a great source for sure as well, they have experience with them and are straight shooters. Kenne bell had the game cornered back in the old 2v/4v days, but imho they just cant compete with whipple as far as screw blowers go. And the new roots tvs units for that matter. What does Ford use for their oem and aftermarket frpp kits?

Last edited:

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I feel like Kenne Bell tries to make up for a substandard product with fancy "tech" articles and marketing gimmicks. I've read about far too many problems considering the relatively low amount of units on vehicles.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why people would spend so much more money on a 2.9 whipple or a 2.8 KB when it seems like a little TVS performs the same (if not better) for a lot less money

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
A 2.3L TVS doesn't perform as well as a 2.9W or 2.8KB. Especially after 600 HP where the TVS starts pumping a lot of heat.

EDIT:

I'll add a modifier. The intended use and goals really determines what performs best. I'm talking about 3v stuff here, the numbers would be scaled differently for a Yote.

-If the goal is to make 450-600hp on 93 and be a daily driver the is zero reason to get a 2.9W or 2.8KB. The TVS will make an all around better blower and be less money.

-If the goal is to make maximum HP on 93 the best bet is with a big blower. Big blowers don't have to spin as hard to make big numbers so they make more power easier. At some point you run out of octane though (675-700ish) unless you are playing with a big bore motor.

-If the goal is to make lots of power on e85 or race fuel the bigger blower is the only way to go.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back