Kona Blue + CQuartz

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Finally got back into the detailing game after a little hiatus over the winter and being busy with my new job. I decided I needed to give my car a good cleaning again since it had been a while since I compounded the car. I ended up just making one pass over the entire car as it got rid of most of the swirls, besides the ones on the rear bumper which wasn't going to happen anyways. I need a harder cut pad and compound to remove those, but I'm happy with how the rest turned out.

Items used:
-Porter Cable
-6" Lake Country CCS Orange Cutting Pad
-HD Adapt
-CarPro Eraser
-CQuartz UK Edition
-CarPro Reload

The car looks absolutely nuts in person; the pictures do it no justice for just how crisp and clear the paint looks now. I did the back bumper in two sections essentially, and the CQuartz finish looked much better than the side with nothing. The finish was darker, more pure and more depth than it's ever had. I've used various things on here like Sonax PNS, Dodo Juice Blue Velvet, Collinite 845, etc... and nothing has looked near as good as this. Plus for how long this shit lasts, I'm ecstatic. The Reload definitely made it look that much better as well; and the finish is smooth for a coating.

Here are some pics and a walk around video of it before I put the reload spray on; I backed it out of the barn to look for hotspots and streaks. There are still streaks I didn't get before I took the pics, so you don't have to point them out to me. They're all gone now and hopefully we get a nice sunny day out this week where I can really show off how good Kona looks!

Onto the pics:

CQuartz Detail by Treyson M, on Flickr

[youtube_browser]7iWH769X674[/youtube_browser]

Let me know what you all think!

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Car looks awesome, man! Kona blue is such a great color! :thumb:

Those pics are motivating me to give my car a good late spring detailing. I have also let her go a bit over the winter.

KonaBlueBryar

forum member
Reaction score
detailing does nothing for my car, whatever I put on it, it falls off literally 4 days later haha. Kona blue hates me, that Quarts looks awesome

Its Stock

5.broliance
Reaction score
Car looks awesome, man! Kona blue is such a great color! :thumb:

Those pics are motivating me to give my car a good late spring detailing. I have also let her go a bit over the winter.

Thanks! I agree, Kona is a good color. Get to it! It's a fun process to see before and after of how it looks.

detailing does nothing for my car, whatever I put on it, it falls off literally 4 days later haha. Kona blue hates me, that Quarts looks awesome

Gotta get that prep work done too!

Looks great!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thank ya!

Would be more awe-inspiring if it wasn't for potato phone photos.

No shit. I need to get back into the game, but I've been buying other things. Like boosting the car, buying my truck, might pick up a Rzr in a few months. Camera's are the last thing on my mind now; It just seems pointless, especially around here, because nobody wants to pay. Everybody wants quality photos yet nobody seems to have money to fork out when asked.

nickk678

forum member
Reaction score
I really, really want to try polishing my car since some swirl marks are starting to make their presence known, especially after seeing pics like this. The damn wheels intimidate the hell out of me though. Great pics, car looks awesome.

Back