last resort ??

91coupe3v

07 GT/CS
Reaction score
Hey guys still new to the whole forum thing but a close buddy has told me to mention my struggles as a last resort,
ill start off buy mentioning that ive loved American muscle and all the availability of mustang parts until now ... I have ordered numerous parts and items from AM without issue other than some confusion on Gen 5 tails but I eventually got them, My biggest issue has been my tune from BAMA, when I first received my sct tuner all seemed well, I installed a performance tune and the car would not start, I went back over everything to double check and then reloaded one of my other tunes and the car fired right up after about 10sec the car revs up to 3k rpm and will sit there unless I blip the gas (almost like a choke) when driving the car it sounds and seems to run great except that there is absolutly no power and the car is really sluggish also when coming to a stop the car will serge a few times before going back to idle.
My car is a 2007 gt/cs I have comp cams mutha thumpr cams with phaser limiters, ford racing intake manifold, c and l racer intake , msd coils, offroad xpipe and magnaflow exhaust,
Now curious as to the flat spots and sluggish operation I opened up my tuner and took a look at the peramiters when I looked at the tunes all the timing was set a 0degrees and there was 0 fuel set through the rpm range now the tuner was also locked out so I couldnt touch anything other than global spark which I upped to 4 degrees as a test and it made a huge difference the car would pull alot harder but then flatspot at 3k rpm. My issue is that after endless calls and emails I havnt been able to resolve this tune issue I get told "the tunes are fine" I had an "expert" tell me that the tunes were good and that one of his techs had this issue and they had to adjust the phaser limiters??? When I asked ok how do you adjust bolted in place limiters his response was "sorry im not mechanicly incline so I dont know" ...? Then I asked myself ok so how do you know my tunes are ok?

I have been extremly dissapointed as the car was alot quicker and alot more fun to drive in stock form I dont want to get into calling out names but seems like I have been getting alot of promises that are not being followed through and then when I call or email back it seems to be ignored id just like to get these issues sorted out im on the verge of returning the car to stock or selling it because of these issues!!

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
Timing and fuel at 0 mean they are unchanged from the tune. Meaning the parameter has not been modified by you. It has nothing to do with the tune AM provided.

The mid range power loss could be related to the tune, but you have to take into account you have multiple items that sacrifice mid range power for slight high rpm gains. The cams, phaser limiters and intake manifold kill any mid range torque you would have stock. You didn't mention gears, or what transmission you have.

I fought with slowing down (e.t.) at the track when I had an 06 auto gt for a long time, after I put cams in. Do a search of threads from my user name if you're curious.

91coupe3v

07 GT/CS
Reaction score
Ok fair enough and yeah id expect a lil midrange loss but with this there is just nothing, you can physically feel the car drop power at 3k rpm and its the same all the way through seems like not enough vct but who knows im at a loss, with the modifications the car should pull in the upper rpm but it doesnt its somewhat good to 3k rpm then just nothin

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Most people on here will tell you that "package" tunes are far inferior to a true custom tune, and they're 100% correct.

Get with Lito on here and have him remote tune your car. The difference is night and day.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
91coup3v,

I'm sorry to hear about your current troubles with your GT! To me it sounds like there is one of two things causing your issues. Either one of the camshafts are 1 tooth off of the timing chain, or there could be additional adjustments made to your tunes.

If your timing chain was 1 tooth off, on one camshaft, you should see pretty bad gas mileage as well as flat spots throughout the RPM range. As well as stalling or surging. I've seen quite a few of our 3v customers have this issue after a cam swap. Once they fixed the timing, the car ran perfectly!

However, I'm sure the Bama Team would be able to see your fuel trims are far off, if the cams were off a tooth. Which would present the issue of incorrect cam timing. It sounds like this is what one of the Bama guys was trying to explain to you, but in a poor manner.

I'd like to get you in touch with one of our lead Bama Tuners. They'll take a look at your datalogs and be able to figure out if the cams are timed incorrectly or if you just need more tune adjustments. Regardless, they'll definitely get you taken care of.

Please send me a PM with your First/Last name and shipping address. I'll get you squared away ASAP!

Shane

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Ryan! I've already forwarded your full complaint to the right people. One of my best Bama Tuners is going to review it and give you a call. He may request another datalog of the issues too. From there he'll work with you until everything is straightened out.

If there's anything at all that I can do for you in the meantime, please let me know. I'm here to help!

Shane

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Ryan,

One of the Bama guys gave you a call on the 2nd and left a VM with his info. As far as I'm aware, he hasn't heard back from you yet. Did you see the VM by any chance? Or better yet, have you been in contact with Bama?

Let me know if there's a better number to be contacting you at or if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Shane

91coupe3v

07 GT/CS
Reaction score
Hey shane sorry for the late reply yeah at the time I was working and gave ryan at bama a call back and we are seeing what we can do to figure out the issues thanx for your help

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Hey shane sorry for the late reply yeah at the time I was working and gave ryan at bama a call back and we are seeing what we can do to figure out the issues thanx for your help

No worries! Good to hear you're in touch with Ryan and getting things worked out. I'm sure he'll have out taken care of shortly.

Keep me updated and let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

Shane

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back