Learning to make fast go fast!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Thanks for the support through the years guys. It has been fun. I hate to sell everything but this is the best move for me right now. Anyone of you that has been married for almost 26 yrs as I have knows, you do things to keep the other half happy sometimes as well. And to be honest, she is on board with the new car and new power adder coming so I can enjoy what I like to do more instead of working on a race car all the time.

If we stop to think about it, it will only be a second slower (9.8x) and be new as well as a full weight street car with air. Its just time!

I just hope I can sell everything fast enough.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
It's only sad when I'm home and walk in the garage. It's just a car though, all I need is a brand new one with 800 rwhp and I will be fine... Lol

So, that being said, what power adder does the new S550 get? Remember it will stay on the stock motor and auto trans as long as I have it.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
I will miss this build thread (has been one of my favorites) but I look forward to reading about the new build. You hung in there much longer than most would have. Good luck with the new build!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
You won't have any issues selling the parts or car for that matter, heck your car is legendary around here lol. And yes I know all too well you need to keep momma happy, you know the saying, if moma aint happy, ain't nobody happy, or something like that.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
That is the only reason I am going to part it out. Fact is I can get way more taking it apart and parting it. I would much rather someone buy it all and finish what I started but IDK if anyone wants that or not. So, if anyone knows someone that wants everything, 32' enclosed trailer and all, let's make a deal! That is how I would prefer for it to go.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
That is the only reason I am going to part it out. Fact is I can get way more taking it apart and parting it. I would much rather someone buy it all and finish what I started but IDK if anyone wants that or not. So, if anyone knows someone that wants everything, 32' enclosed trailer and all, let's make a deal! That is how I would prefer for it to go.

For sure, I don't blame you one bit, I sold my 91' back in 2003 "as-is" a high 9 second car even though I could have parted it out for much more, I couldn't bare the thought of putting it all back to stock though. Crazy thing is the guy I sold it to brought it up to Orlando then sold it again to another guy and it ended up back here in Ft Myers, about 300 mile trip. Then later the previous owner found me, and offered to sell it back to me, I wasn't in a financial position to buy it back at the time but boy I would have loved to, looking back it would have been a bad decision but if I had the money back then!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
So what's the price on the intake, lol.

I would do a big Whipple this time if I were you.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
It's only sad when I'm home and walk in the garage. It's just a car though, all I need is a brand new one with 800 rwhp and I will be fine... Lol

So, that being said, what power adder does the new S550 get? Remember it will stay on the stock motor and auto trans as long as I have it.

The 2.9L Whipple, /thread.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
You won't grieve long!!!! I'm EXCITED to see you move to the Coyote with the way you build things. You'll be giving Beef, JPC, and all others a run for their money soon enough!!!! LOL!

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Man, there is a lot of blood, sweat, and beers in that car! And I'm sure tears, too.

I'm a long-time car guy, and it's rare to see someone that has the vision, the dedication, and the skills you've shown with that ride. Big time thumbs up to you! You are right, you will get more money by parting it out than selling it complete. But it will be a shame to see that one broken up.

That said - welcome to the Darkside! Look forward to seeing what you plan to do with a coyote.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Turbo went out on my 15 powerstroke today... It only has 32k but has been deleted and tuned since 2k. Can't ask them to warranty a turbo. My first thought was what can I upgrade it with! Lol

And the 2.9 Whipple sounds like a nice goal for the new ride.

Also I have received a few PMs on some of my car parts. I will try to get a sale thread posted this weekend. If there is something that has cought your eye don't be afraid to PM me about it ahead of time. Everyone knows what I have.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that is odd, I have 96K on my 2011 and no turbo issues yet. Mine is pretty stock though. I have had to replace the radiator and the EGR cooler. 100K is coming up quick though and no more warrent after that.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Hmm, that is odd, I have 96K on my 2011 and no turbo issues yet. Mine is pretty stock though. I have had to replace the radiator and the EGR cooler. 100K is coming up quick though and no more warrent after that.

Yes, I can't even find a failure on line! I'm always that guy... Lol I have been searching for upgrades and all I see is 11' to '14 guys upgrading to my turbo.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back