Learning to make fast go fast!

travelers

Reaction score
Like the old saying " There's no substitute for cubic inches" That will be an interesting build..

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I am toying with a big bore build now that this one is running well. Same everything I have now with 326 CID.
These heads would love the 3.7 bore. I would do 3.7 flattops as well to keep close to my 12:1 CR though.

326 CI with 12:1, 20+ psi and e85 oh my...

That was my plan for this year till I broke the crank. I want this one to last and be fun so I have the time to gather the parts at the right price to make it all happen.

We shall see though.

Not to stoke the fire or anything....

But IMO my 323 with the F1A was an awesome combo. Granted it was a street motor at 9.5:1 compression and 91 octane. It had decent torque and pulled like a train up top. That engine was dynoed with a D1 at 12psi and the torque curve looked like a twin screw set up.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Not to stoke the fire or anything....

But IMO my 323 with the F1A was an awesome combo. Granted it was a street motor at 9.5:1 compression and 91 octane. It had decent torque and pulled like a train up top. That engine was dynoed with a D1 at 12psi and the torque curve looked like a twin screw set up.

That is how mine was before I retarded the cams now the power comes really hard up top and my converter flashes to about 4400 so the power is instant. A properly set up Centri blower will hit just as fast as the other when running this much boost. I have never had someone get in my car and say it took to long for the boost to kick in. Lol

You don't have to push me, you are talking to a guy that buys a brand new alum block and bores it .030 from the start. I have never lost a piston that did not take the cylinder with it anyhow and .020 would have never helped. I should have done a Big Bore this last time. I was just trying to get it back together and on the road with as little change as possible. I feel better about putting something new together when my car is working. A ton easier to have the motor in, tune spot on and swap the SB.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Oh I know about the centri being set up correctly. I had the F1A pullied for 19psi. The blower rpm was in the 67k range. It pulled like a train. My wife even noticed the difference with my 04 running out on top.

I still have the 5.3 shortblock in the garage for a rebuild someday. Probably good you're not local otherwise I'd see if you were interested in it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Not wanting to start a new thread yet till I can make a full pass, here is an update. I went to the track, it was spin city. Needing some new DRs, I ordered set of MT ET Street R's. One came Friday, and UPS lost the other one for a couple days but it arrived today.

I also ordered a set of the new Strange rear calliper mounts for our cars. Well since I have no DRs to make passes, I installed the rear brakes again with the new brackets and everything works well. The rear tire are now back in 3/4" and setting sweet

I also, being tired of hitting my head on it, removed the triple pilar pod and relocated all my gauges. I have the trans temp in the DS AC vent and the others are pictured.

Also, being sick of the aircraft fill port on my cell, I ordered a sweet filler as well. I had to drain the fuel and clean the tank after all the drilling was done, but it turned out nice.

I will post pics in a few.

Last edited:

travelers

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how something like that gets lost. But with todays automation of everything I guess it can get side tracked. Glad to hear the new brackets from Strange work. I want to add a few gages to my setup but want to see how the center cluster setup looks, so I'm going to have to stop at AM and try it out.

That's the same fill setup we installed on the Cuda last year, works good.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how something like that gets lost. But with todays automation of everything I guess it can get side tracked. Glad to hear the new brackets from Strange work. I want to add a few gages to my setup but want to see how the center cluster setup looks, so I'm going to have to stop at AM and try it out.

That's the same fill setup we installed on the Cuda last year, works good.

See post above, I just updated with a gauge pic.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Nice thing is, it's fast as hell now! Not sure if it's lack of seat time or not, but it feels WAY faster then last year.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back