Learning to make fast go fast!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Thanks I will check into it.

I have sleeved blocks 4 times now counting this one. It works, when its finished you cant tell the difference between the new sleeves and the stock ones. I have two in this block now. I will post some pics after its done.

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't even realize that the OEM block had sleeves. I thought the bores were coated. But then you wouldn't be able to go any over. Guess I wasn't thinking.

Here is a picture of a block I cut in half. This give you a good idea what it looks like. The sleeves are only about .090 thick and they are a dry sleeve so it really isn't a big deal to replace them.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Having a lot of trouble getting the balancer off! Have a thread on that in tech. I did get the oil pan off and have confirmed the #5 piston has a hole blown though it. Wont know if any others are burnt on top till the heads are off. I have two new pistons and all new rings that will be here tomorrow so I can measure them and then send them to Polydyn in Houston to have the tops coated.

Please see the other thread in tech for the info I am looking for to aid in the balancer removal.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well the motor is torn down and going to the machine shop tomorrow for 1 sleeve in #5. The wall is trashed along with one piston. Need to order a new front cover tomorrow. I will let the machine shop press the balancer hub off.

GB10

8s coming soon?
Reaction score
Ok, just wondering. I know the ATI balancers often need to be honed to fit and thought maybe that could be it.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Ok, just wondering. I know the ATI balancers often need to be honed to fit and thought maybe that could be it.

I think the machine shop can get it off for me. They have a 20 ton and a 100 ton press. something will have to give!

I have a 12 ton here, but to be honest, I am done fucking with it! That is why I split the front cover. I have work to do that does not involve this car.

Last edited:

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn Billy you are moving quick!! And to think your engine bay looked like it did in the move two days prior! You're a true race car driver and owner! Many props to you!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMG_20131010_204125_307_zps8232174c.jpg

IMG_20131010_213331_076_zps13537d84.jpg

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
and here is what I have to say about your harmonic balancer problem:

Thus the split front cover! LOL

Do what you have to do...:thumb2:

Damn Billy you are moving quick!! And to think your engine bay looked like it did in the move two days prior! You're a true race car driver and owner! Many props to you!

I wont claim to be a race car driver by no means. I will however say I like to go fast and push the edge and will do what I can to get there with in my means. I have goals like any other man and like to meet them. Right now it is a 8.87 @ ?

Its just a damn good thing I can build my own motors....:thumb2:

Last edited by a moderator:

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Well.. you are further along than I am lol. I have a couple guys here I trust to dig into my tranny and they will have it back in two to three days after I drop it off. I would do it myself but do not have the time to waste if I don't get it right the first time.

If we don't get these up and running we will have to rent something for lito to tune lol..

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well.. you are further along than I am lol. I have a couple guys here I trust to dig into my tranny and they will have it back in two to three days after I drop it off. I would do it myself but do not have the time to waste if I don't get it right the first time.

If we don't get these up and running we will have to rent something for lito to tune lol..
I should be ready for the 28th. I just don't know how many miles I can put on it though. I live by the "break it in how you drive it" motto though. A few heat cycles and a few deceles and its ready for boost. 1 mile or 500, the car will get the 75 shot. Time for that 8.xx slip!

It will be interesting to pull the fuel pump along with the sender tomorrow and measure the fuel in each side of the tank. I have another scenario on the failure but I want to measure the fuel first before discussing that. Lets just say I need to test my alt. that is putting out 16v after 4500 rpms and there till it drops back to 4500 or so rpms.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back