Learning to make fast go fast!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Need to install the blower, prime the motor, and the new -10 fuel line from the cell to the filter tomorrow and start it up!

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Startup went well. The motor is alive! I have one small issue though, as I always do. I am getting a P0151 cell and have already tried swapping the o2s side to side. I have sent a data log to Manuel for more input. I feel like I have an injector open.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
After the issues with fueling issues on the last set up, I can't help but think these 1300s may have been maxed out. Everyone I talked to said 1k + rwhp on e85 on these things, idk. Thinking about ordering some ID1700s and calling it a day. I can have the 1300s checked and resell them...

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Just dropped off the 1300s at the injector shop to be cleaned and flowed before and after the cleaning.

Another thing that has me a bit pissed this morning is, my fuel lines. Before switching to e85, I called Jegs and asked them if they where Ethanol and E85 compatible and was told yes. Well yesterday before startup, I ran the fuel pumps and had three different hosts leaking. The hoses where hard and stiff. I have the Jegs Pro Flow 200 Series line. So today I call Jegs and question what I was told and they now say this fuel line is not compatible with E85. So now I need to change all my SS braided lines after just running a brand new -10 feed from the cell in the trunk!

travelers

Reaction score
They should send you the right rated hose for free after confirming the wrong hose. Good to catch it now.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
The only fuel line I would run with E85 is the Fragola 6000 series PTFE line. That's what I have in my car and it's been trouble free. (well the fuel line anyway).

Also, did you ever add vent(s) to your fuel cell? I remember at one point not seeing any separate vent on it, only the little one on the fill cap. I have been running a -6 vent but now with the big block going in I may need to run 2 of them. I use a 2-way check valve on the vent so the fuel isn't exposed to open air when sitting.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=8453

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Wow, that is a bunch of BS!

They should send you the right rated hose for free after confirming the wrong hose. Good to catch it now.

It was 2yrs ago when I asked them.

The only fuel line I would run with E85 is the Fragola 6000 series PTFE line. That's what I have in my car and it's been trouble free. (well the fuel line anyway).

Also, did you ever add vent(s) to your fuel cell? I remember at one point not seeing any separate vent on it, only the little one on the fill cap. I have been running a -6 vent but now with the big block going in I may need to run 2 of them. I use a 2-way check valve on the vent so the fuel isn't exposed to open air when sitting.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=8453
I will look into that line. Jegs has another line in there extreme series that is good for e85, but it is black nylon and I really like my all SS braided lines. As for the cell, yes I did install a -10 vent hose with a rollover valve last year.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Jeremy at S&H has e85 compatible fuel line, which is where I got mine. It's black though, called "Starlite". No local speed shops have any idea what I'm talking about when I tried to get a few feet though, just black or ss.

MGT2009

forum member
Reaction score
Just dropped off the 1300s at the injector shop to be cleaned and flowed before and after the cleaning.

Another thing that has me a bit pissed this morning is, my fuel lines. Before switching to e85, I called Jegs and asked them if they where Ethanol and E85 compatible and was told yes. Well yesterday before startup, I ran the fuel pumps and had three different hosts leaking. The hoses where hard and stiff. I have the Jegs Pro Flow 200 Series line. So today I call Jegs and question what I was told and they now say this fuel line is not compatible with E85. So now I need to change all my SS braided lines after just running a brand new -10 feed from the cell in the trunk!

http://shop.watsonracing.com/Mustang-Drag-Race-Stainless-Steel-hard-fuel-lines-p/wr-ssfuellns.htm

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
I'll take the 1300s off of you if you give me a police discount;). That's the only major thing holding me from e85 & 1000 to the tire

Glad to see progress

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I'll take the 1300s off of you if you give me a police discount;). That's the only major thing holding me from e85 & 1000 to the tire

Glad to see progress
I just heard from the shop I took them to that 7 are fine and one is stuck wide open and needs to be replaced. I am waiting on a quote for some 1700s before I make up my mind.You have my cell if you would like to make an offer on the 7 good ones. I'm not 100% sure I want to sell them yet though.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back