Lethal offroad x question (moved 2011)

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
How much difference in power is there between the lethal offorad x and say arh long tunes with off road x or catted x?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
~7WHP.

I would take that extra $1k and invest in traction. Suspension, tires/wheels, etc...

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
Mine is making almost the same as cars with longtubes, in some cases more, to me longtubes aren't worth the cost or hassel of installation for the gain you'll get. They may do much better on a fi car, but for a bolt on car I don't see the need. For 299 the lethal x is well worth the price. I picked up 25 rwhp with it and magnaflow street catback without touching the tune except to turn off rear o2

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Mine is making almost the same as cars with longtubes, in some cases more, to me longtubes aren't worth the cost or hassel of installation for the gain you'll get. They may do much better on a fi car, but for a bolt on car I don't see the need. For 299 the lethal x is well worth the price. I picked up 25 rwhp with it and magnaflow street catback without touching the tune except to turn off rear o2

Right on! :beer:

Mikes5.0

forum member
Reaction score
[U said:
[/U]cobra mike;783952]Mine is making almost the same as cars with longtubes, in some cases more, to me longtubes aren't worth the cost or hassel of installation for the gain you'll get. They may do much better on a fi car, but for a bolt on car I don't see the need. For 299 the lethal x is well worth the price. I picked up 25 rwhp with it and magnaflow street catback without touching the tune except to turn off rear o2

good to know since LT's were on my to do list.

caps

forum member
Reaction score
some independent testing might be a little more reliable

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
I know ours is not Lethal's. But our BBR 3" Off Road X-pipe for the 2011 5.0 4V makes on average 20 rear wheel horsepower. We see on average around 30 rear wheel horsepower with longtubes and x-pipe.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I know ours is not Lethal's. But our BBR 3" Off Road X-pipe for the 2011 5.0 4V makes on average 20 rear wheel horsepower. We see on average around 30 rear wheel horsepower with longtubes and x-pipe.

From the pics on your website yours looks to be exactly like Lethal's off road X. I'm betting they are made by the same company.

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score

Smart man Im glad you and other people dont fall for all the hype !

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
From the pics on your website yours looks to be exactly like Lethal's off road X. I'm betting they are made by the same company.

From my understanding, theirs is made somewhere completely different then where ours is made... Ours is made right here in Boca Raton, at a local custom exhaust center. Ours is very similar to the Magnaflow design.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score

JLT picked up 22WHP with the ARH LT's with a tune.

Lethal picked up 14WHP with their O/R X-pipe without a tune.

Level the field with a tune on the Lethal O/R X and it becomes a very small margin if any at all.

$1K dollars of wasted money.

I would buy the BBK shorties using a O/R X over LT's any day and still be $700 ahead.

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
At first I was going to get the long tubes, but when I saw the price I opted not to...lol.. after I put the o/r x on and got what I did, im glad I dident spend the extra money. If I had ported heads and some big cams shure the gains would be better with lt. Car sounds good, and runs pretty strong for what little I have done to it. Lts are just not a cost efective mod

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
From my understanding, theirs is made somewhere completely different then where ours is made... Ours is made right here in Boca Raton, at a local custom exhaust center. Ours is very similar to the Magnaflow design.
urs fits perfectly too.... great sound... took no effort to make it match up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back