Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X-Pipe for the 2011+ 5.0L GT

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a short clip of the Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L on the dyno at UPR Products in Lake Worth, FL. For this run the car had the stock tune and a Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X-pipe. Everything else on the car is completely stock. On a completely stock 5.0L we picked up 14rwp with the addition of the 3" offroad pipe only. This is on the stock tune with the stock manifolds and stock catback. All we did was remove the stock catted H-pipe and put on the Lethal Performance 3" mandrel bent x-pipe and a 14rwhp gain was achieved. The offroad x-pipes go for $299.00 and are IN STOCK with same day shipping. Our 3" offroad x-pipe is mandrel bent and is a simple bolt-on modification. No cutting or welding is required. Installation should take less than an hour. You can order them by either calling us over the phone or by placing the order online. Either way we'll be glad to assist you.

DYNO PROVEN 14rwhp GAIN

Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L Mustang GT 3 Offroad X-pipe [LP-2011GTORX] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

IMG_1639.jpg

Last edited:

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
if you guys picked up 14 rwhp with no additional tuning, what kind of gains could one expect after a tune?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Gains will be very similar with a tune. I'd expect anywhere from the 14rwhp we saw up to 20rwhp.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jared

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
Gains will be very similar with a tune. I'd expect anywhere from the 14rwhp we saw up to 20rwhp.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Jared
in your thread for the H-pipe, you say a tune is highly recommended. is that the case with this as well?

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
in your thread for the H-pipe, you say a tune is highly recommended. is that the case with this as well?

You're going to want a tune. Without one you'll throw a check engine light as well as you won't fully benefit from the offroad setup.

Hope that helps.

Jared

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
It would be VERY interesting to see a different set up on the Dyno. First run with a tune and intake, stock exhaust, then the next run with your X-Pipe, same intake, same tune and see the gains. Then a final Dyno with an updated tune for the X-Pipe.

I know that I saw a significant gain....probably slightly over 20hp, from bolting on my X-pipe and updating the tune. It's the best HP-to-$$$ mod you can make on these 5.0's IMHO.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great mod for the money!

Certainly should be one of the first mods you do on your new 5.0!

Besides, "Lethal Off Road X" just sounds badass!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
It would be VERY interesting to see a different set up on the Dyno. First run with a tune and intake, stock exhaust, then the next run with your X-Pipe, same intake, same tune and see the gains. Then a final Dyno with an updated tune for the X-Pipe.

I know that I saw a significant gain....probably slightly over 20hp, from bolting on my X-pipe and updating the tune. It's the best HP-to-$$$ mod you can make on these 5.0's IMHO.

I was told by Evo Performance a tune is not required for an X pipe, other than shutting off the rear o2'. But theres nothing performance related.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I was told by Evo Performance a tune is not required for an X pipe, other than shutting off the rear o2'. But theres nothing performance related.

I would disagree. Every car is different. Some need a tune for more than just shutting off the O2 sensors. Mine needed some adjustments to be good.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I would disagree. Every car is different. Some need a tune for more than just shutting off the O2 sensors. Mine needed some adjustments to be good.

Evo/Lund say otherwise, its just an O2 issue. At least thats what they tell me. The standard performance tunes are sufficient as the incoming airflow is not being affected.

Other than the o2's what parameters would you adjust adding an OR-X? Once air hits the X pipe, its all physics and back pressure.

Last edited:

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Evo/Lund say otherwise, its just an O2 issue. At least thats what they tell me. The standard performance tunes are sufficient as the incoming airflow is not being affected.

Other than the o2's what parameters would you adjust adding an OR-X? Once air hits the X pipe, its all physics and back pressure.

In addition to turning off the rear 02's you'll want the COT (Cat Overtemp) feature turned off as well. That's a feature in the stock tune that dumps fuel in the higher rpm's to help cool the cats and keep them from burning up. If you put the offroad pipe on there's no use for that extra fuel to be dumped as the cats aren't there anymore. This is just another feature that we change in the tune for those that go from a catted to offroad.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back