Lethal Performance & Afco $50 Gift Certificate Special

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
To start spring off right, Lethal Performance & Afco Racing are teaming up to bring you a deal to help you keep your cool!

afco50.jpg

AFCO 03-04 Cobra PRO SERIES Heat Exchanger w/Dual Fans

AFCO 05-2010 Mustang GT Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/Dual 10" Fans

AFCO 07-10 GT500 Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/Dual 10" Fans

AFCO 2011-2012 GT500 Dual Pass Heat Exchanger w/Dual 10" Fans

Give us a call today to place your order and take advantage of this special!

-Team Lethal

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Been looking at this all month, just got off the phone with one of your sales staff and pulled the trigger.

wht67

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Crap... how did I miss this? I need a GT500 HE.....

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Been looking at this all month, just got off the phone with one of your sales staff and pulled the trigger.

Thanks for the support!

Crap... how did I miss this? I need a GT500 HE.....

Give us a call, you can still use your forum discount, we'll do our best to earn your business.

Thanks!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The good news is that I got the heat exchanger installed today. After a few false starts I finally got everything hooked up correctly. The bad news is that after a 3 mile test drive without exceeding 50 mph my IATs were over 140. I could do better than that with the stock heat exchanger and no noisy ass fans. :tdown:
(the pump is not airlocked, I already took care of that)

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83388

Jared@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
The good news is that I got the heat exchanger installed today. After a few false starts I finally got everything hooked up correctly. The bad news is that after a 3 mile test drive without exceeding 50 mph my IATs were over 140. I could do better than that with the stock heat exchanger and no noisy ass fans. :tdown:
(the pump is not airlocked, I already took care of that)

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83388

Glad you were able to get the unit installed properly. I saw that you had a little confusion early on. Thanks to the fine members of the forum for helping out though.

As to those temperatures that definitely doesn't sound right. Are you seeing 140deg while cruising or at a stop after cruising with the engine still idling?

Why I ask is because you are typically supposed to see no more than a 30 deg difference between ambient and IAT2. That being said the results your getting are based on your air temps being at 110deg. That's pretty high unless you live in an extremely hot environment.

My personal experience is that you have something else going on that's causing your air temps to get that high. Aftermarket heat exchanger or not I would trouble shoot the car to figure out why IAT1 is that high to begin with unless the air temps where you live are actually over 110deg. Then it would make sense.

Hope that helps.

Jared

Back