Line Locks here...burning rubber soon!!!

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
So my pmp/jeggs linelocks have got here :rockband:, Could anyone direct me to a thread on installing them? and thread for proper bleeding of break system.

thanks all :allhail:

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
The kit has changed a little to make it compatible with more solenoids but these should get you going.

Attachments

• LineLock Install Instructions.pdf
    920.7 KB · Views: 48

Kent

forum member
Reaction score
Kevin your instructions say to use teflon paste.Couldn't you also use teflon tape?

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
The kit has changed a little to make it compatible with more solenoids but these should get you going.

Thanks, i appreciate it......so whats this with the prothane mounts? are they 150.00 by themselves or is the entire kit PMP Line Lock Kits, Prothane Motor Mounts, CHE Suspension, and LPW Covers for $150 shipped! 150.00?

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
sweet.. you finally got them. Time to put a cloud of doom over Sac raceway!

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Kevin your instructions say to use teflon paste.Couldn't you also use teflon tape?
Yes just be careful not to get any in the brake system. Another option is red Loctite, it is an exceptional thread sealant.

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
Hey all, i got my solinoids (sp?) installed, but am a bit nervous about my wiring schematic...does any one have or could any one post a wiring diagram of sad installI have all the parts, just a bit unsure how to wire in the switch with the 12 volt relay.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey all, i got my solinoids (sp?) installed, but am a bit nervous about my wiring schematic...does any one have or could any one post a wiring diagram of sad installI have all the parts, just a bit unsure how to wire in the switch with the 12 volt relay.

Some ascii art of mine here and discussion of this in that thread as well:

http://s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53171&postcount=7

p.s. if you aren't using the cruise control and can't work backwards from that discussion which is, let me know, I can fill in the blanks if needed...

Last edited:

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
Some ascii art of mine here and discussion of this in that thread as well:

http://s197forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53171&postcount=7

p.s. if you aren't using the cruise control and can't work backwards from that discussion which is, let me know, I can fill in the blanks if needed...

hey thanks, i am gona go straight from the battery via inline fuse to the 12v pin on relay, relay grounded to chasis on grnd pin. from fuse panel behind kick plate i will add "fused add a circuit" from that is where i get sorta lost.:drool:

My switch has three pins grnd 12v and acc how would i wire that in.?

..I know i am over thinking this... I am just stressing bleeding the brakes...its long and laborus

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hey thanks, i am gona go straight from the battery via inline fuse to the 12v pin on relay, relay grounded to chasis on grnd pin. from fuse panel behind kick plate i will add "fused add a circuit" from that is where i get sorta lost.:drool:

My switch has three pins grnd 12v and acc how would i wire that in.?

..I know i am over thinking this... I am just stressing bleeding the brakes...its long and laborus
Bleeding the brakes is no biggie - done a couple of times on this car without headaches - just connect the hose into the catch cup, loosen the bleeder until you see fluid come out - pump brakes until its bubble free - tighten bleeder (not too much, it can break) - repeat on other front side brake...

Got a brand/model on that relay? I usually use 4pin 30amp headlight relays since they are easy to come buy at the auto store...

By process of elimination though:
1. ground "grnd" goes to the chasis
2. 12V goes right to the battery (through a fuse of course)
3. That leaves "acc" which "enables" the solenoid - that get's "switched" 12V. One side of your momentary switch to the battery - the other side to the "acc" pin...

Last edited:

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
Thanks Cekim, i revised my schematic, pretty close to what you stated, I've bled brakes before on my bimmer, just nervous about this i guess its still just all the same. Mr Roper may come down to help instll wiring and parts i got from AgentFortySeven...i got the upper grill and the side view mirrors :partyguy:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
tighten bleeder (not too much, it can break)
Or worse yet, you can have happen what happened to me. The bleeder didn't break, but the caliper stripped out, and I had to buy a new caliper. :furious:

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
wiring is all done i post on how i wired up the 12 relay. Josh at PMP called emaild me revised install using Jeggs solenoids very detailed, although it was a day late, i had mounted mine as per the supplied link earlier in this post, but i made it work it was a bit of a beeach though, wiring was more of a pain casu i am ocd about that kinda of thing. Mr. Roper be here tomorrow to help bleed the brakes....(i be carefull Don not to strip bleeder screw) here is the link http://www.stangnet.com/Tech-Articles/S197-Ford-Mustang-PMP-Line-Lock-Kit-Install-080225.html and a pic of my install (brake lines are not hooked up yet)

Last edited:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
not to cause you OCD panic, I feel your pain when it comes to car work... Just some other approaches to the plumbing...

I tried to keep everything as flush with the chassis as possible, you can rotate the "barrel" of the solenoid and wiggle things around - this was the best orientation I could come up with the supplied hoses - there are some other variations in that thread I mentioned above...
254705a2c3c76f5.jpg

Last edited:

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
Yeah, i am wishing now i mounted my Jeggs sideways like that...but I did not want to drill more holes in the chasis, I post pics when its all done

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
yeah true...but they are installed and working,,,well for the most part, switch and relay send power to solenoid, evert thing back together driveing up to lodi tomorrow to hook up brake lines and bleed that way there i can blame Mr Roper if anything goes wrong,,,were supposed to race in Sac tomorrow...if nothing goes wrong with my brakes that is....

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is where we are having the problem...

View attachment 2989

The stock hardline fitting will not even start threading into the coupler. We tried both couplers but same problem. We're going to try the other side of the car and see if we have any luck. Did anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back