Little updating on my 07 vert(56k warning)

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Wanted to post up new updates on the 07 vert. Swapped the BBK cold air intake for a JLT kit and had it tube airbrushed. Had a stock GT emblem done and it recleared, and came out great. Also picked up couple misc item last weekend at NMRA race in KY. Got a set of hood lifts, underdrive pullies, and a magnaflo Hi-Flo catted x-pipe...

Anyway here are couple pics of the airbrushed JLT kit installed, the car and the hood lifts..

BBK cold air kit
DSC09827.jpg

Airbrushed JLT kit..
DSC09951.jpg

DSC09960.jpg

DSC09956.jpg

DSC09953.jpg

DSC09882-1.jpg

DSC09875.jpg

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good... just need to use something like back to black on that intake elbow. And if you are anal like me, those MRT stickers on the hood lift pistons come right off with a little heat!

big-j

Reaction score
looks really nice im diggin the 2010 gt500 rims

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good... just need to use something like back to black on that intake elbow. And if you are anal like me, those MRT stickers on the hood lift pistons come right off with a little heat!

I need something for the elbow.. Put some formula 2000 on it, but was sucked right up. Next detail will apply something else. Driving me crazy :mad2:

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Try Mothers Back to Black as it works wonders on restoring black plastic/rubber finishes.

41teJ5L0BwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Yea, the elbow of the JLT(I have one too) is cheesy. Why they can't come up with a better looking elbow that holds it's gloss without me rubbing the piss out of it is beyond me.

Car looks good!

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Wet n black tire shine works best on the elbow
Back to black didn't do much for me
But the wet n black tire shine ..... That should come with it when you buy a jlt

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Wet n black tire shine works best on the elbow
Back to black didn't do much for me
But the wet n black tire shine ..... That should come with it when you buy a jlt

+1 for the tire shine. Nothing else works on the JLT elbow. And even tire stuff works just barely.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
Valve covers and some LTs would look soooo perdy in there ! ;) Other than that im still in love with the brake setup !! thanks again for the link to the rotors !!

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
Valve covers and some LTs would look soooo perdy in there ! ;) Other than that im still in love with the brake setup !! thanks again for the link to the rotors !!

Thinking about VC's but for LT's not sure I want to go through hassle. Not really looking to get all the HP out of it, just make it peppy. This is a weekend cruiser for the Mrs and I... Want to get a coupe next year, for the toy.

Have you installed the rotors yet??

Last edited:

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
The whole is being OVERHAULED this week and the next 2... ILl send you pics once there one.. there doing the interior right now

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Not really looking to get all the HP out of it, just make it peppy.

I said the same thing when I bought mine... it took me about 18 months before the mod bug bit and the next thing I knew, a supercharger was sitting my garage!

droptop07

forum member
Reaction score
I said the same thing when I bought mine... it took me about 18 months before the mod bug bit and the next thing I knew, a supercharger was sitting my garage!

Trust me it's driving me crazy not to... But after 15+ years in the mustang game, I have learned to control modying to an extent, and be patient. Mrs already said I could have another one to hot-rod, but have to not til I finish the home remodeling... Want a coupe to be the toy.. My last convertible was a hot rod, and real friendly with gas pumps when we went cruising. So sold it and my 94 to buy a newer style vert for us to ride in.

Can check it out here...--> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3346805/1993-ford-mustang-columbus-ga-us

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back