Long Tube Header Fitment

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
I have searched around for the answer but will the 2015-2017 Long tube headers fit on a 2011 5.0? There is a set of Stainless Works close by and for the price its tempting to pick up but if they do not fit there is no need to drop the cash yet. I know I will have to purchase a new h or x pipe setup since the S550 is a different setup than the S197 exhaust. Thank you in advance for the help.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
I doubt they cross-over and would suggest contacting Stainless Works 800.878.3635 for their input

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious to know why they wouldn't fit, I mean the S550 is just a modified S197 platform anyway.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
There's no way I'd even think about putting on headers unless I was 1000% sure they would fit, even if they were free. That's a lot of work to put in only find out halfway through the project that they won't work.

Brandon08GT

forum member
Reaction score
There's no way I'd even think about putting on headers unless I was 1000% sure they would fit, even if they were free. That's a lot of work to put in only find out halfway through the project that they won't work.
Are the coyote headers as difficult as the 3V?

travelers

Reaction score
Are the coyote headers as difficult as the 3V?

More so I did my 07 with ARHs on jack stands in about 6hrs with also changing the intake plates.
On the 11 it took at least 6hrs on a lift and it wasn't fun at all. The coyote is wider then the 3v in the same chase. The other thing with the ARHs is that you can pull the trans without loosing the headers.

As for the S550 I don't remember from Carlisle for a few years Ford had a mustang rolled on it's side and how much at all of a difference there is between the chases

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
There's definitely some differences with the exhaust fitment, even though the headers should bolt right up to the engine

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Thank you all for the input. I figured they would bolt up but the exact fitment around the tranny tunnel and inside the motor bay may cause some issues. It is no biggie not to get them and just get the exact ones but the price was kind of like a teasing factor. I am really looking to pick up just a few more horses on the car since when I bought it, it had some bolt ons that were not the best I think. It came with a shit tune and a Boss Intake and Steeda Cold Air. The exhaust was horrid with a slung together pypes system. So all of it has been ripped off and replaced with a GT500 mid pipe section and Corsa Extreme axlebacks. I had it re-tuned and it only put down 409 hp and 368 torque. I know the Boss Intake is killing the over all power but it is nice to turn this car upwards of 7500 rpm and it still pulls. But I do appreciate the input from everyone.

travelers

Reaction score
Check out on facebook VMPs tuning Tuesday of this week. they talk about the value and cost of hp with headers. You might have to listen to find it.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
If its Alex from VMP talking I will follow suit. The man knows his shit and does not steer you in the wrong direction. Ill have to look it up when I get off of work today.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
No shit, right? I'd take that with a grin on my face, all day long.

No its not bad but just like with any of my other mustangs I have had its never enough. From the time I got my first 07 GT back in 08 with a Whipple put on it I have craved more and more power. But this being my first 5.0 in this style model I see others with less mods with more power (Which I know the intake manifold is killing my torque) Once I have this new clutch and flywheel put in I can enjoy this car better. Not being able to shift it correctly I know hurts the way the car should react. Its never being satisfied and always going after that next mod or pushing the limits with these cars. Being a gear head is still a better addiction than crack I think.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I have to constantly remind myself that I love my car just the way it is and to not fuck with it. No matter what I do, I'll always want more so why even start? LOL!!!

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
I started on mine with some work already done to it by the previous owner. I did not know any information about it but took a chance on it. And its been a nightmare ever since. Brakes were shot, tires were bald, clutch and flywheel smoked and numerous other things that needed attention. So far I have sunk a pretty penny into getting it back right. I bought it off a lot that was close by so the guys had no clue what they had either. I have been searching high and low for parts since June of last year. Now she has a new line up of goodies that are awaiting to go on. Once I put the new Mcleod RST and flywheel in I think I will love it more. The high RPM lock out is some horse crap. Plus these new Brembos screech and squeel like a whore in church. So hopefully soon I can get it running better and its not my daily so I have plenty of time to tear it apart.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I The high RPM lock out is some horse crap. h. So hopefully soon I can get it runningbetter

Fully agreed. When I get the urge to spin the motor up and you get locked out.......instant buzz kill.

I fixed mine with a gt500 mastercylinder. The eyelet on my og master was so sloppy. I bet a new replacement would have fixed it. But the gt500 works MC works fine. Gives a bit more throw on the tranny side master thing a mabob

BottleRocket

Reaction score
IMG_1356 (2).JPG Dads GT.jpg I no longer have my '07 GT but bone stock with just a K&N air filter in the stock air box it would do low 15s at 96 in the 1/4 with no traction. It was my daily driver so I knew better than to start messing with it. It was a blast to drive, especially during my 2 hour daily commute. She consistently knocked down 28-30 MPG, even when I finally traded it in on a new Turdra which my wife convinced me we needed. I miss it everyday, I even let the new owner know I would glad buy it back when/if he should get tired of it. The interesting thing was my mildly modified '71 Nova with a 350 would also do 96 in the 1/4, but at a more respectable mid-14s, also with no traction and nowhere near 30 MPG. I feel that with good tires and a decent tune she would have been good for low 14s, maybe high 13s. I still have the ceramic coated BBK long tubes I never got around to installing. They're great cars!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back