Long tubes are in Paxton is next!

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
Yesterday I finished up the install of my long tubes that I purchased used from another member for a killer deal.. (Pypes Stepped 1 5/8-1 7/8) the install was actually easy given the right tools and the ability to use a lift! I will say these longt tubes from pypes are a great fit and have zero clearence problems! I started the install on friday night at my buddies shop HPA (HorsePowerAddicts.net) and I am using his tools and lift and of course his help, we started by getting all the nuts off of the factory manifolds that we could get from the top, next removed the battery and top motor mount bolt . Hint of advice for those who do an install just remove one side motor mount at a time and there is pleanty of movement from side to side while jacking the motor up from the bottom.

Next step was to raise the car up and remove the starter on pass side and than continue to remove the motor mount! jack motor up from the bottom where the trans meets the block with a trans jack! Take factory manifold out along with the two rear studs! Next the new long tube slides in, I used the factory gasket as it looked to be in excelent condition! and reverse the instal as the removal! Drivers side was cake and took about an hour from start to finish with the only other thing removed was the steering shaft, and again jack motor up after removing motor mount, no studs had to be removed on this side! it was easy. And to those removing the steering sahft its easy and only goes back in one way so no fear to having a crooked steering wheel!And there was pleanty of wiring for the 02's after getting the clip at the top of the trans!

The whole install was probably 4-5 hours working on them after I got off work Fri evening and Sat evening with a few beers and pizza break! If anyone is in the DE,MD,PA,NJ area that needs a set put on HPA can hook you up and can give a killer deal!
Also installed the Boss manifold and the Id 1000's ( Nice ass injectors )

The paxton and suspension are the next on the list of things to be installed.
Build is coming together and hopefully I am done by next week!

Vids are going to be up when complete!
25061_2510202572555_760056590_n.jpg

154926_2510202732559_398980419_n.jpg

nenegt

forum member
Reaction score
My JBA Longtubes got home today. Im just waiting on my H pipe now. If I do this install myslef it will be on jack stands with a buddy.

Post a vid when you are done bud.

Chris1229

forum member
Reaction score
My JBA Longtubes got home today. Im just waiting on my H pipe now. If I do this install myslef it will be on jack stands with a buddy.

Post a vid when you are done bud.

I did my long tube install, with the car on jack stands the job was easy just time consuming! just make sure you have a swivl, and extensions for your ratchets.

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
Haha i did it backwards of you. I did my Paxton first and now Friday i'm putting my Stainless Works longtubes on. Gl with the paxton!

nenegt

forum member
Reaction score
I did my long tube install, with the car on jack stands the job was easy just time consuming! just make sure you have a swivl, and extensions for your ratchets.

Thank you sir, I have a feeling is gonna suck. Specially after reading all the horror stories. A shop quoted me $450 for install today. Im definetely doing this after hearing that BS.

Back