Loudest exhaust on 3V with stock cats in place

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Looking for new exhaust again!!! This will never end lol.

I want to keep the stock mid-pipe on no matter what.

I had muffler deletes which are probably as loud as it can get but it just has no tone to it. Its sound well like a straight pipe.

I've tried magnaflows, violators, and m80's and they all sound quiet and muffled with the stock cats. So it gets pretty boring quick.

Not trying to decide what sounds good as that's very subjective, I'm just looking for more volume.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
The KR's I have are pretty stupid loud.

Short mid mounted glass packs may work.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Who's the manufacturer of the KR's.. Is it Borla by any chance ? I've been running Magnaflows with the stock cats and x-pipe, however I get annoying drone inside the cabin but from the outside, the Magnaflows are just too quiet..

Anyhow I'm looking for more volume, but without the annoying cabin drone :shrug:

hammeron

forum member
Reaction score
i have the KR's coupled with completely stock exhaust. they are quiet while cruising, but have a loud growl, when you push on the happy pedal.

Jpw291

Reaction score
I have GT500 mufflers on my Bullitt with the stock H pipe but also on the H pipe are exhaust cutouts... It is extremely loud when I want it be and then nice and quiet when I want it to be as well! A little bit spendy if you have a shop do the full install but well worth it...

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
KR's are the loudest I have had on a stock exhaust. IMO they sound great.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I tried so many brands lol. Borla s types for a deep tone, ataks for that higher pitched tone. Loud but with clarity.

Uncle Buck

forum member
Reaction score
My friend broke the sound meter at a local track running SLP's

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I had SLP LM, they were loud but the Pypes Deletes were louder.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the Borla ATAKs. They are pretty vicious. Misfit_5.0 sent me a video/sound clip of his, and I was sold. They are amazing. If he's still on here, hit him up. They are F'n LOUD. I have an '06, they are LOUD. Good luck with your choice!

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Have you experienced any drone with the Borla Ataks ? IIRC they're exactly the same as the FRPP KR's..
I was also interested in the Borla "S" type, but from the reviews I read about them, they supposedly drone between the 1500-2500 RPM range.. At any rate, I'm looking into replacing my Magnaflow's as they're a bit too quiet outside of the cabin, but drone at low to mid range RPM's..

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Have you experienced any drone with the Borla Ataks ? IIRC they're exactly the same as the FRPP KR's..
I was also interested in the Borla "S" type, but from the reviews I read about them, they supposedly drone between the 1500-2500 RPM range.. At any rate, I'm looking into replacing my Magnaflow's as they're a bit too quiet outside of the cabin, but drone at low to mid range RPM's..

Borla s types!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4470bhzdebk

IndyEric

forum member
Reaction score
I like my boom tubes, have had a buddy tell me it sounds like a race car on full throttle fly bys

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back