Low Friction Gears

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
How many of you guys in here run or have had experience with low friction polished gear sets? We installed a set that Weir Racing sells just before the Texas Mile on my boss' car and I couldn't believe the difference it made. The only "measurable" difference I noticed ( as the car had a lot of other major changes during the gear swap) was the effort required to turn the diff, which was at least twice as easy compared to the stock gears.

I was pretty skeptical about these in the beginning and made fun of my boss for ordering $700 gears and bearings, but after seeing the difference they made I'd say they are worth it. We've got another couple sets coming our way as we speak. And no, Jordan didn't ask me to go advertise for him, I just think they are that awesome other people should know if they haven't heard of them yet!

Link to gears. (Let me know if this isn't allowed Dave)
http://www.weirracing.com/product/weir-racing-low-friction-8-8-gear-and-bearing-set-s197/

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I saw a clip here somewhere. Front wheel bearings with that stuff. Spun it and it kept going for like 5 minutes.

travelers

Reaction score
The gears we use on the race car are micor polished and run on a third member dyno to brake them in and check the force required to tune them.

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
I saw a clip here somewhere. Front wheel bearings with that stuff. Spun it and it kept going for like 5 minutes.

That's wild lol. I would love to see someone just change gears and other rotating parts and see what kind of trap speed differences there are.

MechE

forum member
Reaction score
Brian/ Cbass would be a perfect canadate for these. He is suffering from 29% drivetrain losses. :MrT:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back