Lowering Springs for rear and drag racing.

badnews

Reaction score
Anyone have issues after lowering the rear of the car for appearance vs stock height? The suspension is working great, all I have is BMR upper arm and lower arms. Nothing else. 1.6x 60 fts last time out. With a 27 inch tall tire, the car still has a decent gap in the rear though.

Thoughts?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I prefer a drop on this chassis, when aiming for good straight line acceleration characteristics.

I prefer to use a lowering spring that is in the 150-160lb/in range out back, and similar up front (130-150lb/in up front)

Alot of people will even use a rear coilover spring.

I am not sure what exactly you are asking, but, lowering the car will not hurt straight line accel (traction) if you have the appropriated supporting mods. We engineer our parts around OEM and our Lowering Spring heights.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Sounds like he has more gap than he expected in the rear. Not sure of what would cause that

badnews

Reaction score
I prefer a drop on this chassis, when aiming for good straight line acceleration characteristics.

I prefer to use a lowering spring that is in the 150-160lb/in range out back, and similar up front (130-150lb/in up front)

Alot of people will even use a rear coilover spring.

I am not sure what exactly you are asking, but, lowering the car will not hurt straight line accel (traction) if you have the appropriated supporting mods. We engineer our parts around OEM and our Lowering Spring heights.

You hit it on the head. I want to figure out what to do to get rid of the gap in the rear but did not want to mess up the suspension geometry where I would have traction issues I currently don't have.

I'll call you guys when I'm ready to get the right stuff to do it right. :bravo:

2011/5.0

Reaction score
I ran the bmr sp009r and they worked well at the strip

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
With lowering springs, a set of relocation brackets will put your LCA right where they need to be. You've already got the UCA covered, should hook just as good as your current setup.

Last edited:

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Hopefully you have the adjustable upper arm so if you lower it you can adjust your pinion angle. And of course you need the adjustable panhard bar to recenter rear

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back