Major issue with my 5.0 and pissing me off

5.SLOW

Reaction score
OK here it goes sorry if sounds stupid or mispelled words, no english major here.

first time issue was the 02 sensor went lean and stuck there and of course got code for it and the passenger side fouled all the plugs. fixed with new sensor.

later got these two rich code 0172 and 0175.

here the issue, it ran fine last night and got in it today and i seen it stuck on lean and it missing and barely pull it self, and also i have notice a surge to for awhile. just try to figure why my 02 sensors goin out and having issues, mods are in sig. thanks if any help.

sorry if dont make sense really pissed and cant ask noone around here cause they will tell me they circle the problem.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I see you have long tube headers. Did you by chance us the front 02 extensions that came with the headers? If so this could be your problem as the extensions have proven to be faulty in some applications.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
If you have a tuner you could datalog it and post it up for someone(not me) to take a look at.

5.SLOW

Reaction score
well goin to clean the maf sensor and see if that helps but i dont know about to point to put back factory and trade it off.

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
possible vacuum leak somewhere? which would cause a idle hunt and for it to go rich because it thinks it's lean from the added air in the system.

Last edited:

zemog255

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Sounds like a MAF isssue with the missing and surging possibly a O2 sensor also. Does it idle ok?

I'm also assuming you changed the plugs you fouled out, correct? I would check the rest of the plugs and not just those 4 if you haven't already. I fouled just one plug when tuning and my car would barely drive down the road. It didn't pop up any codes, just kept going into limp mode.

5.SLOW

Reaction score
yes i actually did change all my plugs and am goin to do a smoke test to make sure it dont sometime this week

5.SLOW

Reaction score
well took a look at my catch can and it was half full and the bad part i just empty it prolly week ago so whats this problem?

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
i dont know about to point to put back factory and trade it off.

^^ not cool.

Are you running the 100 shot tune all of the time? If you are, an over rich mixture could be fouling the sensors and plugs. When you say "stuck at lean" you mean your gauge is reading lean at WOT?

Catch can full of oil? Sounds like beginning signs of engine failure.

Pull your plugs, label them and take some pics for us...data logs would help also but I don't know if you should be beating on it by the sounds of things...

5.SLOW

Reaction score
yes gauge (aeroforce) is stuck at lean all the time soon as i start it and change all the plugs and all of them black. yes catch can is half full. no not running nos tune just 87 street tune.

5.SLOW

Reaction score
i dont know but i uploaded it in and goin to try it after i finish changing oil i bought 6 instead of 8

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Time for a compression check. No reason the car should have that much bow-by to fill the catch can in that short amount of time. As other's mentioned, post pics of the plugs.

5.SLOW

Reaction score
ya cause i never ran a full pass on nos and i will tak picture of plugs

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back