Mark in the paint...not sure it's coming off.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of my spring detail. Have the car washed and clayed. Tomorrow I'm going to tape it off and start hitting it with the PC.

Problem is, I ran across a mark on the car I noticed early/mid week, but didn't get a chance to wipe it off. As I said, I clayed the car and this mark is still there. Almost feels as if the clear is gone....looks kind of like a freaken snail/slug trail.

Any recommendations?

Attachments

• Mark.jpg
    Mark.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 65

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like a big scratch in the pic. Looks like it goes down the fender as well. Depending on how deep it is migh be able to sand and buff most of it out.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
It does...Kind of hard to see with the cell pix, but it actually goes on past the emblem.

Doesn't look like a scratch at all and has a very fluid like outline to it.

Attachments

• mark2.JPG
    mark2.JPG
    390 KB · Views: 43

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Hit it with some compound see if it takes it off if not Id sand it wit 2k then 3k and buff it see what happens

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Hit it with some compound see if it takes it off if not Id sand it wit 2k then 3k and buff it see what happens

Yeah, I'm hoping it will come off with compound (doing that tomorrow), just a little concerned cause it seems to have a bit of a different level to it than the rest of the area.

We'll see.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Actually a 50/50 mix of water and IPA removed the mark (with a bit of pressure in some spots.

I've hit the car with compound and polish...going to get it with black light, black and V7 tomorrow to finish this thing up.
Hopefully will have some pictures up of the finished product tomorrow night.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Good deal in the pic it looks like a scratch but apparently not.

Yeah, I can see that from the pictures.
I'm just surprised it didn't come off by claying Oh well...it's gone. Didn't want to have to sand it. Don't know why, but I don't want to have to wet sand until I can do the whole car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back