May wanna check under your rocker covers

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
I think this would be more towards the people who daily drive there stang but today i noticed something that could be a future rust problem on the s197's. Normally when i change the oil on my car, i crawl underneath and just do a quick visual of the car while i'm waiting for the oil to drain. Recently i seen that some of my rocker panel cover clips looked a little loose and also seen a leaf or two poking out from the cover. I go to inspect the clips and decided to get replacements for them and pull the leafs out. Well today i get my clips in the mail and go out and pull the covers off and holy crap :eek: i'm glad i did cause there was so much dirt, mud and leaves all in side the cover up against the rocker panel. So i suggest maybe pulling your covers off and check that you don't have a bunch of trash all inside which probably could cause an issue later on.

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
Here you can see the dirt up against the car.

rocker20cover201_zpsww0yq784.jpg

And some of the crap that was jammed inside

e1a2adba-2665-48fc-b7f8-c5d6121a3990_zpsvldirobg.jpg

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Appears they are held on with plastic clips up top and the push pins that are visible from the bottom? Just yank and off they go?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
this is exactly why i stopped taking my car off roading in the woods

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
Appears they are held on with plastic clips up top and the push pins that are visible from the bottom? Just yank and off they go?

There are two removable clips just behind the front tire then under the cover there are 8 or 9 one time use push pins. Best to use a trim removal tool for those. Then once they are out then you can pull the cover off. You will need to get these though cause the ones on the car wont be usable afterwards
https://lmr.com/item/HDW-10176/Mustang-Rocker-Panel-Molding-Attaching-Hardware-05-09

this is exactly why i stopped taking my car off roading in the woods

lol i said to myself after i took the covers off, i never went offroading wtf?!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back