McLeod RST/ adjustable T/B

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Ok I have been trying to put my car back together for the last month or so when i have free time. I got the new trans. back into the car and was bleeding the clutch all was good then when I tightened up the bleeder valve I had 0 clutch pedal maybe a 1/2 inch of play then rock solid pedal. Im thinking it has to be somewhere in the measurement on how much to adjust the T/B. Was wondering on if anybody had some experience with this and had any tips.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Thats odd... Typically OEM Ford throw-out is best. Easy install, very reliable.
The way to improve the OEM clutch feel is with a great clutch like the McLeod twin disc and a stainless braided clutch line.

Unfortunately, I have not heard of many people installing adjustable throwout bearings. There maybe might be one or two people out there in the forum.

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
Thats odd... Typically OEM Ford throw-out is best. Easy install, very reliable.
The way to improve the OEM clutch feel is with a great clutch like the McLeod twin disc and a stainless braided clutch line.

Unfortunately, I have not heard of many people installing adjustable throwout bearings. There maybe might be one or two people out there in the forum.

Yea I have a McLeod twin disc going in the car

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
When purchasing my Mcleod RXT Twin Disc, I also decided to go with their adjustable TB. For me, what a mistake and real pain in the ass it was trying to set it up. After much frustration, I just sent the TB back and went with the OEM Ford unit ....

forum member
Reaction score
Was suggested to me by a local mustang shop. Said it would be worth it so I can have a better pedal feel.

I am also going to try to talk you into sending the adjustable Throw out Bearing back and going with the stock unit.
I had an RST in my '06 with a stock T/B. Pedal feel felt like stock clutch. How much better did the shop say it would feel? What is not to like about the stock feel?

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score
When purchasing my Mcleod RXT Twin Disc, I also decided to go with their adjustable TB. For me, what a mistake and real pain in the ass it was trying to set it up. After much frustration, I just sent the TB back and went with the OEM Ford unit ....

I am also going to try to talk you into sending the adjustable Throw out Bearing back and going with the stock unit.
I had an RST in my '06 with a stock T/B. Pedal feel felt like stock clutch. How much better did the shop say it would feel? What is not to like about the stock feel?

They just said that would ensure to keep the stock pedal feel and that it would last longer than a factory unit. Just got off the phone with Mcleod and got some ideas on how to fix it so going to try it one last time and if that doesnt work im sending it back.

GT E UPP

forum member
Reaction score
They just said that would ensure to keep the stock pedal feel and that it would last longer than a factory unit. Just got off the phone with Mcleod and got some ideas on how to fix it so going to try it one last time and if that doesnt work im sending it back.

Naaah sorry , I don't buy what they are saying....... My new replacement OEM Ford TB is just fine and definitely has the stock feel. Plus, my factory unit was perfectly ok after 7 years. I just decided to put a fresh one in since I was changing my clutch. Good luck !

stanglax28

forum member
Reaction score

Naaah sorry , I don't buy what they are saying....... My new replacement OEM Ford TB is just fine and definitely has the stock feel. Plus, my factory unit was perfectly ok after 7 years. I just decided to put a fresh one in since I was changing my clutch. Good luck !

The stock slave is great.

well if I can return it to Lethal then I might just get a Ford OEM one and call it a day.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back