Meguiars OTC products work great!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
you always get what you pay for in detailing.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Yep when it looks good it looks good. Just using a spray detailer with the softest microfibers puts scratches on it though. Drives me insane

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
This is certainly not true. The outcome depends far more on the skill level of the user than it does on the cost of the tools.

I disagree with you. Especially when it comes to polishes and the quality of their abrasives
Especially with today's softer clear coats and new pad technology.

Ever notice how older rotaries and their wool pads and.compounds would remove 1000 grit.defects but leave the surfaced marred and hologrammed.

Today the better DA polishes, foam pads and forced rotation of the new devices.and equipment pretty much leave these almost finish ready after a pass with some skill.

The cost difference between meguiars ultimate and the pro line is minimal and not budget breaking. Hence you get what you pay for.

If you actually do some research you wil see the cost difference between pep boys products sand boutique products is minor but the quality is vast. Sorry ill spend a dollar or two extra for a.product that is multiple timess better in result

Now a lot of the megs otc ultimate line is pretty good but lets not give the impression that a lot of otc products are good because most are crap

hwm3

forum member
Reaction score
I disagree with you. Especially when it comes to polishes and the quality of their abrasives

Ever notice how older rotaries and their wool pads and.compounds would remove 1000 grit.defects but leave the surfaced marred and hologrammed.

Today the better DA polishes, foam pads and forced rotation of the new devices.and equipment pretty much leave these almost finish ready after a pass with some skill.

The cost difference between meguiars ultimate and the pro line is minimal and not budget breaking. Hence you get what you pay for.

If you actually do some research you wil see the cost difference between pep boys products sand boutique products is minor but the quality is vast. Sorry ill spend a dollar or two extra for a.product that is multiple timess better in result

Now a lot of the megs otc ultimate line is pretty good but lets not give the impression that a lot of otc products are good because most are crap

Not trying to start a pissing match. I only disagreed with the statement that you always get what you pay for in detailing. That statement simply isn't true.

I wasn't saying that the OTC products are the same quality as pro-level products.

I will say that someone with experience can get better results using OTC products than a total novice will get with the most expensive of products. When paying for a detail, your paying more for the knowledge and skill level of the detailer than you are for the price of his products.

As far as doing some research, I've got quite a few years experience including running my own shop full time. I've done the research. I know what works.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score

All I said was Meguiars OTC line worked great. Looking at the pictures it's hard to disagree. For the price I paid I got excellent results. Locally, no one carries M105 for under $30 and I made it out with UC for like $8.97

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back