meguiars wax

jdebs

forum member
Reaction score
waxed the car today with meguiars tech wax. works real well. also cleaned up the engine bay with some armor all.

BahamaBreezepic.jpg

EnginePicture.jpg

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Did you do the plastic bag test?
First run your fingers over the paint lightly, feels smooth i bet. Now go get a plastic sandwich bag or a piece of saran wrap,put your hand in the bag and run your fingers across the paint again. Can you feel those bumps? Go buy a clay bar and some polish. Clay , polish and then wax repeat til it feels as smooth with the bag on your hand.
Love the car engine room looks sick,nice job.

jdebs

forum member
Reaction score
i never heard of doing that before! ill definately have to give that a try. thanks man! only thing i dont like about the engine is all of the wires and tubes wrapped in tape. is there anything i can do to make everything look nice and flush? maybe wrap stuff in the chrome tubing? any ideas?

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Leave it . I think it looks great. To me tubing and "snake wrap" make it look a bit over done. Just keep the tape clean and re-wrap it if you have any loose ends or fraying.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Nasty , your right that does look nice and neat. I was thinking he was talking about silver or some other color slinky loom all over every cable and hose in there.

Back