MGW shift knob installed picture.

MIDLIFER

Reaction score
I installed the shifter a couple of years ago and would recommend it to anyone. I kept the OEM knob and am considering ordering the white ball. Does anyone have any pictures on their installed MGW ball and are you glad you replaced the OEM knob with the ball?

bl817

Reaction score
I have the brushed aluminum ball from AM. I like it better than the "thumb" shift knob. it does get hot in the summer sun tho. ill get a pic and post.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I installed their black shift ball. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MGW gripper. Feels absolutely great, especially since I have a TR6060 and their Gen 2 shifter as well.
Having that bit of weight up there seems to help it get into gear.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I installed the shifter a couple of years ago and would recommend it to anyone. I kept the OEM knob and am considering ordering the white ball. Does anyone have any pictures on their installed MGW ball and are you glad you replaced the OEM knob with the ball?
I have the MGW shifter and also kept the OEM knob. I also DIY-dialed out most of the notchiness.

For me at least, the OEM knob feels better than any of the spherical/cue-ball knobs - maybe my fingers are a little longer than average or maybe I tend to grab the shift knob a little differently, but the ball-shape knobs have always felt a little on the small side for something that gets as much use as a MT shifter can get.

Norm

RCrumb

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's an older pic from my then 06 GT with MGW shifter and MGW Wht ball. I loved both. Sold the GT bought a GT350.

GOPR0104.jpg

MIDLIFER

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm still debating on what I'm going to do. I appreciate the feedback, sure looking forward to Spring.

ShelbyX3

Reaction score
I have the MGW with the flat chrome stick and used their white shift ball. Feels much better than factory and more natural in the hand. I went with the white, rather than the black, to get some contrast in the interior.

GT

Reaction score
full

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back