Might start finishing the basement, any concrete acid stained floors here??

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting to finish my basement in my house this winter and don't want to put down carpet or wood laminate flooring, so i'm thinking about concrete acid staining it. Here's a look at some from vendors of the acid stain. Anyone else here done this and have some tips or pics of what you guys have done in general in your basement to finish it off?

http://www.kemiko.com/images/gallery/0024.htm

http://www.kemiko.com/images/gallery/0056.htm

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is there any chance of water seepage into the floor? If so I don't know if I would do laminate.

(gotta remember, we don't have basements down here. If we dig a hole that big, we're hiding a body)

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Had the concrete company do something like that to the "bar" at the old house (the house that ex #1 got after the war). Works pretty well and looks great. Looked like the floor of Madison Square Garden when he was done in there.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is there any chance of water seepage into the floor? If so I don't know if I would do laminate.

(gotta remember, we don't have basements down here. If we dig a hole that big, we're hiding a body)
LMAO, i'm pretty sure i'm going to do the stain. I don't have any risk of water in my basement, because i'm on a hill of sand. If I did laminate, I would still have to put down a water barrier by code, that's why i'm leaning toward the stain and it's WAY cheaper.:thumb:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
That's cool looking stuff! :thumb:

Any idea what the price range is on a SF basis?

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's pretty nice. I was thinking of replacing the carpet in the family room with tile or laminate but that seems to be a better choice. Keep us informed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back