Mildly Modified S550s in the 12s, 11s, and 10s!!!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
When people use different colored fonts and capitalize random words to emphasize their point, I have an overwhelming urge to leap through the screen and beat them to death.

Extreme? Maybe, but I can't explain it.

You've been reading tigerhonaker's posts? I know he's a nice guy but I had to put him on ignore a year ago to get away from his ridiculous posting habits.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
You've been reading tigerhonaker's posts? I know he's a nice guy but I had to put him on ignore a year ago to get away from his ridiculous posting habits.
I deem his posts acceptable because he's a cool old dude, not some twat trying to shout the loudest to win an argument.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
OK, so explain to me what makes a relatively stock car, raise the front end like that...

Is it that the rear springs and shocks are super soft allowing maximum weight to shift to the rear, along with the torque of the rear wheels and traction, lifts the front end?

I always thought only super modded and powerful purpose drag cars could do that.

As a comparison, when I drag race, my car barely moves-body-wise. It may squat slightly, but not much.
Its pretty much flat...

All depends on how much power/grip etc. I would guess that the EB is making gobs of torque and power at whatever RPM they launched it at, then the car kind of loses steam at the top end.

As far as no body movement, you would be surprised how much body movement there can be when just about everything is right. even my slow ass 07 got some pretty good weight transfer in this pic

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When people use different colored fonts and capitalize random words to emphasize their point, I have an overwhelming urge to leap through the screen and beat them to death.

Extreme? Maybe, but I can't explain it.

Don't read any tigerhonaker posts then.....

Reaction score
Can confirm. GM owners are . I had a corvette owner drive up to me in Home Depot just to tell me about his vette. What an old douche...

convo went about like this -

Me: Drive up and park at the end.
Him: He pulls up next to me.

*we both get out of our cars at same time*

Him: How much power does that thing put down?
Me: 406/388.
Him: OH! Well my corvette puts down XXX/XXX (i forgot)/
Him: My corvette does this.
Him: My corvette does that.
Him: My corvette has a built in vibrater in the seat.
Him: My corvette can do a back flip.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Inferiority complex. >:)

It is highly amusing how the focus is on minute details and how Ford somehow "cheated" for a PR video. I wonder if they had the same freakout over the Hellcat PR videos.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Meanwhile GM puts out a video and forgets to edit out the mickey thompsons when they ran their 1.6 60' in a STOCK zl1.

But that gets "justified" and passed off :roflmao:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Can confirm. GM owners are . I had a corvette owner drive up to me in Home Depot just to tell me about his vette. What an old douche...

convo went about like this -

Me: Drive up and park at the end.
Him: He pulls up next to me.

*we both get out of our cars at same time*

Him: How much power does that thing put down?
Me: 406/388.
Him: OH! Well my corvette puts down XXX/XXX (i forgot)/
Him: My corvette does this.
Him: My corvette does that.
Him: My corvette has a built in vibrater in the seat.
Him: My corvette can do a back flip.

I've had the same shit happen to me more than once with ISF owners.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Inferiority complex. >:)

It is highly amusing how the focus is on minute details and how Ford somehow "cheated" for a PR video. I wonder if they had the same freakout over the Hellcat PR videos.

yes they did. Lowdown kept wanting to know why there were no 6 spd times, why none of the cameras were focused on the timing boards, why there was no timeslips, why no magazine has come close

Reaction score
yes they did. Lowdown kept wanting to know why there were no 6 spd times, why none of the cameras were focused on the timing boards, why there was no timeslips, why no magazine has come close

Any goob that has been around a drag strip long enough will know the way those vehicles launched off the line were going to put down some good times. The guys driving in this video were drivers who probably get paid to do this for a living, not some slack jawed puke in a polo who drives a prius as a daily...

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
yea. but the gm guys are all Kracked up because of this... I cant blame them.. fuuuuuuuuuck

Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-2015-Reviews.jpg

just looking at it makes me feel like I'm seeing 2 (or more) hot girls rubbing tits with a big bag of McRibs..... calling to meeeeeeeeee

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
yea. but the gm guys are all Kracked up because of this... I cant blame them.. fuuuuuuuuuck

Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-2015-Reviews.jpg

just looking at it makes me feel like I'm seeing 2 (or more) hot girls rubbing tits with a big bag of McRibs..... calling to meeeeeeeeee

lol

That new Z06 is a bad motherfucker.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
A ford racing tune and ford racing exhaust made the turbo 4 run mid 12s. I don't know, seems like a lot of hype. Ford racing usually are 'safe' tunes and not aggressive and can't believe the turbo 4 is that held back from the factory.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
A ford racing tune and ford racing exhaust made the turbo 4 run mid 12s. I don't know, seems like a lot of hype. Ford racing usually are 'safe' tunes and not aggressive and can't believe the turbo 4 is that held back from the factory.
Engine is lighter, had slicks. Probably only needs mid-300's to run a solid 12.

claudermilk

Reaction score
It also supposedly has a prototype exhaust. Could have a big effect on a turbo car.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
It's no surprise at all that a factory turbo vehicle responds very well to basic mods. Upping the boost usually means anywhere from 10-14 HP per extra PSI of boost. I know on my SVO a 3" exhaust netted nearly 30HP on a pretty much factory setup.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back