Modded 2012 GT Dyno results LOCAL DYNO TUNER vs EVOLUTION TUNE

WTFchuck

forum member
Reaction score
It was sarcastic, seeing as how some people think Lund is so far above any other tuner on the planet that nothing could possibly be better and if it is there must have been something wrong :popcorneat:
:thumb:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
You sure lean a/f is the cause? If you talk to most tuners they seem to be Pretty conservative with the a/f being between 12.0-12.5. Im pretty sure Lund has had his a/f pretty low around 12 +- as he told me he tunes these cars like its running 5-6lbs of boost.
I think its more a combination of timing and knock sensors.

My Lund tune never goes above 12.3 afr. Bama tune hits 12.5. You'd think being that conservative, the #8 issues wouldn't be much of an issue if the timing is kept at near stock specs and the knock sensors are left alone. Which is why I think Lund seems to have to fewest, if any, #8 cars. Bama hasn't had many from what I've read.

When I say lean, I'm not only talking about tuned lean, but also tuned to the edge of lean, then getting bad gas on top of too much timing. But I don't see many people using the AFR's they once where. One of my earlier tunes had a WOT AFR of 13.1. I think I may even have that tune still. But I won't run it due to how much timing they added.

Last edited:

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
My Lund tune never goes above 12.3 afr. Bama tune hits 12.5. You'd think being that conservative, the #8 issues wouldn't be much of an issue if the timing is kept at near stock specs and the knock sensors are left alone. Which is why I think Lund seems to have to fewest, if any, #8 cars. Bama hasn't had many from what I've read.

When I say lean, I'm not only talking about tuned lean, but also tuned to the edge of lean, then getting bad gas on top of too much timing. But I don't see many people using the AFR's they once where. One of my earlier tunes had a WOT AFR of 13.1. I think I may even have that tune still. But I won't run it due to how much timing they added.

I see what you are saying. Thanks. It may not even be these tunes though as this guy is talking about a stock one having problems

http://forums.themustangsource.com/...ylinder-8-misfire-498176/index11/#post6122545

vakane

Minister of sinister
Reaction score
No one beats John lund.....

He once went to the virgin islands to tune some race cars....

And they're just called..."the islands"

DIB5.0

forum member
Reaction score
If you really look into Shaun from AED's thoughts on tuning the 5.0 it looks like the most rational and safe way to increase power. He really seems like he knows what he is doing and has taken a great amount of time to understand everything there is to know about the this engine.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
So you're saying it can be possible that he can make a better tune that lund? :wtf1:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
really enough already on the Lund sarcasm.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Aww come on.
It's not like it's a crazy thought, some people actually believe that.
I will stop picking on the sensitive people, but it's only for you bro.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Aww come on.
It's not like it's a crazy thought, some people actually believe that.

I understand some have a particular view on his skills relative to others. But the point has been beaten to death and then some.

Curious-whose tune are you using and was it email or dyno?

Lund - dyno tune. He tuned the car remotely when it was a Florida car, when them motor was redone he had it on the rollers at L&M for 4 hours or so and then on the street for some period of time.

For me, as the combo in my ride is rather uncommon (4.0L blower, E85, Fore Triple Hat, Whipple Mono-blade, 168# injectors) there are very few tuners who have experience with such a combo. AFAIK he's about the only one, not saying there are not more, I just haven't found one.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I see it in your sig who tuned your car, it was not there in post 30.

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
a dyno is a tuning tool..period
the dyno tune is a finished product..the e tune is a starting point just like the basic tune that was loaded in to the vehicle to start the dyno tuning process..
a tune built from datalogs whether from dyno runs or street runs should net better results than a basic preliminary custom e tune or any tune that has not been dataloged and revised..that is why most e tuners ask for datalogs and AF readings so they can optimalize the e tunes..
if you are getting dyno tuned and the tune is not built from datalogs from the dyno runs....search for another tuner
if you are not utilizing revisions based on returning datalogs and AF reading for your e tune.. you should be..if your e tuner doesnt offer that option to you then you should look for one that does

So you're saying it can be possible that he can make a better tune that lund? :wtf1:

believe it or not..there are other tuners out there who actually know what they are doing and are very good at it.. I even know most of them :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All you guys on Shaun's nuts at AED need to know one thing...

3 months ago he told me, in person, that these new 5.0's need lots of timing! "They love timing" were his exact words.

Fast forward to the #8 issues, and he's now got a different approach.

I still stand by my opinion that all Nor Cal tuners are full of shit!

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
All you guys on Shaun's nuts at AED need to know one thing...

3 months ago he told me, in person, that these new 5.0's need lots of timing! "They love timing" were his exact words.

Fast forward to the #8 issues, and he's now got a different approach.

I still stand by my opinion that all Nor Cal tuners are full of shit!

LOL, I was there when Shaun told Lostsoul that his '05 had FOUR cats.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back