More headlights

Victorslik

Reaction score
Can anybody educate me a little on the headlights I have attached images for. Installed in the slightly blinged out 07 GT I recently bought. Closest I can can find to a comparable assembly available today is the "DRL Projector Headlights; Chrome Housing; Clear Lens" available here https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-drl-headlight-chrome-0509.html from AM. I've used a mirror to look for brand names and all I can find is a sticker with a lot of oriental symbols and a reference to being 12V powered. Are they Raxiom's or an import copy? Is this consistent with "Raxiom's"? There website seems to describe them as being "light bar DRL's" and I've read through the install instructions and honestly it seems rather incomplete with no troubleshooting or maintenance info provided. My issue is that a couple of the light bars on one side don't light up and as a secondary(very minor) issue is that these light bars don't function as DRL's. I only find one connector for each assembly and it closely resembles the factory socket on my '08. I'm guessing these are not serviceable and if one or more light bars cease to light up then they are not repairable.These came installed in a really nice low mileage ride purchased recently from a Ford dealer so contacting the original owner is not an option. I am not married to these but they are nice enough that if I can make them work properly I'd just as soon do so. If not, based on all the issues others have with after-market headlamps, I'd just as soon go back to stock using the best lamps and adjustments I can attain. I sure hope this hasn't been covered a blue million times in other posts or forums. I've spent considerable time searching with no good results. Thanks

lhl (1).jpg

lhl (2).jpg

Victorslik

Reaction score
looking back at the AM listing for the Raxiom's I may have been remembering wrong and the headlamp sockets are not similar to the factory 08's, I may be confusing them with the fog light sockets. Tomorrow going to pull the bumper cover and remove the RH assembly. The listing makes it appear as they can be disassembled to some degree and there may be another set of leads that power the LED's. If anybody as has already been down this same road and can comment on whether or not they are serviceable it would be appreciated. One light bar on the RH side lights up other 2 don't. From what I've seen so far, mine may be exactly like or actually Raxioms. Thanks again.

Victorslik

Reaction score
the raxiom reference is just for reference on what they appear to be. If they are just another troublesome junk headlight, that would be useful to know. At $500/set I'd more likely refer to them expensive #&*%*&@ junk. on the other hand they aren't bad to look at if they can be made to work right that would be great, but if just a waste of time, I'd rather not waste the time and just order some stock replacements.

Victorslik

Reaction score
Well, apparently, nobody here has cared enough for that style assembly to find out the answer to my question, so I tore it all apart and now have the answers I was seeking. Thanks to all who refrained from offering responses I wasn't soliciting.
I'm liking 07 Boss's "color match" idea. Did you dis-assemble and reuse the lenses or are new seperate lens/covers available? I have a set of really faded/aged assemblies I saved from a previous ride. Thinking I'd like to take a stab at color matching them. I did remove the lens from the raxiom style shown above. It was a rather tedious pain, but if the stockers come apart in the same way(heat gun & scrapers) I think I'm going to give it a shot. As I said not married to what I've got although I like the light bar effect.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I pulled the stock ones apart and painted them. There are two different manufacturers for our headlights and one uses a glue that can be removed with heat. The other I could not get apart. So it may be a crap shoot on getting them apart but worth the try if they are just sitting there. If anything the ones I could not get apart did not have that little black cap that hangs down over the bulb. The one pictured that were successful were the ones with the black cap, I just removed it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back